Powerhouse SFF project

Soldato
OP
My ram arrived!! 2 sticks of lovely 4gb ocz gold. One hell of a stupidly cheap price :D just going to install it now

powerhouse.jpg

So now, i have a pc thats more powerful than my x58 monster, was cheaper to build, and is the size of an atom (well ok a bit bigger)

Got my new disk from DFI with a new xfi code on WOop!

Just waiting on the lian li now ;)

Update on lian li:

H50 fits in top fan slot, but will have to use a slimline fan.
DSC_0088.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
good news and bad news!

mobo died,

case purchased :D pics up later, gotta rma my dfi though :(

god damn lian li, why wont you learn you need thumb screws on sidepanels. One of the screws is already threaded and i havent even got the side off yet!

some crap phone pics:
IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

back panel has motherboard stand offs, so effectively a removable mobo tray i think. All internals can be removed, hdd bays, cd rom bay, front fan (has IO attached) which is awesome. Very happy with it, now just to rma my mobo :/

more:

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

silver lian li is my gf's pc i've stolen for a bit :D

Last edited:
Soldato
It looks nice and dinky when compared against the tower case.

The Li-Lian optical covers are a nice feature that should be more widely adopted by other manufacturers - take note Silverstone. Because of them I personally would probably have gone for the red case, or other non-black option if they had more colours to pick from.

I wonder if the USB problems were related to the motherboard failing. Shame you no longer have the same phone to test again with the replacement. And did you make a note the motherboard revision? Incase the replacement is a newer version that would work with the iPhone.

And that RAM price was including VAT?

Soldato
OP
i like black too much :D silver or red didnt appeal to me :)

yup ram was inc vat and delivery, although they have doubled their price now so I got one hell of a deal ;)

the usb problems are p55 problems. giga and asus have rolled out new bios's specifically for it. (a housemate also has an iphone so i can easily test)

Soldato
OP
i know :(
the current bios works, which is all i care about. dont need to OC or whatever.

gigabytes mitx with usb 3 does look tempting... (but i dont own anything thats usb 3 except my lian li... lol) half tempted to sell the "new" dfi i get and see whats on offer. I'll be watercooling anyway so cpu placement isnt much of a problem in that case. I'm currently googling for info about it, wish it would just get released..

Last edited:
Associate
I've read DFI have pulled out the the consumer motherboard market. So got to wonder what future BIOS support will be like. Linky

You've just broken my heart :( No more LanPARTYs ... WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO!!! :(
Spose its a good job I've held onto my P45 T2RS rather than upgrading the a DFI mini-itx board which had been on the table for a while. Atleast now I have got my updates and aren't waiting for no existant ones to be release.

That sux. DFI suck. £$%^&*!!!! Sorry got a little carried away.

Soldato
OP
my mobo has "no fault" apparently...

so whats the error code then -.- GRRRR 20quid to get it back too.

any ideas what would cause an EA error on the bios LED? (on two seperate gfx cards)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
my ram died (well one stick is causing the error)

time to get on the blower tomorrow :)

just installed everything else in the case and oooo its nice :D Loads of room for watercooling!

Soldato
OP
its very messy! but ill try (nexus camera so not great)

the modular cables on my corsair are pretty long, might look into some sff powersupplys with shorter cables. (will get pics soon, being able to use my pc for once is taking up my time! :p)

Soldato
OP
Incoming!

BEfore you say anything, Im going to TRY and cable tidy (im realllly anal about it and this is making me want to cry) but I want to RMA my ram first and im thankfull of having a pc that works for a bit!

Also, nearly 5000 views, blimey :D I hope it lived up to everyones expectations! (or will do with my future plans ;) )

IMG_20100618_215627.jpg

IMG_20100618_215350.jpg

IMG_20100618_215320.jpg

IMG_20100618_215313.jpg

IMG_20100618_213203.jpg

IMG_20100618_213228.jpg

IMG_20100618_215058.jpg

IMG_20100618_215112.jpg

plenty of room for the gfx card, plenty of room for watercooling :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom