Powerhouse SFF project

Soldato
I would see if DFI offer you a beta BIOS first. As Shuttle are pretty shabby when it comes to product support and BIOS updates.

Soldato
OP
if, i signed u and posted on their "support forums" and got my account removed... :palso emailed so its just a waiting game.

having a crap day today :(

i just turned pc back on and ddint need to install lan drivers again, hooray! -.-

Soldato
OP
got a reply from dfi...

This "known" issue is not by any means certain. If it does exist it is not necessarily board related either. That said I have heard these same rumours as well, so I will pass your comments on to our BIOS team. In the mean time I could only suggest that you ensure that your BIOS is updated to the latest version from our website, and failing that route the Iphone via a 3rd party USB controller until such time as a solution presents itself.

a third party usb controller? Eh

Soldato
OP
just ordered myself 2x4gb of ocz ddr3 :D for a crazy cheap price!

I emailed DFI again, see what they say..

so, whats left to sort out:

case!
squealing gtx 280 (either mod it or sell it and buy something that doesnt squeal, but I like nvidia for physx/cuda..., so 470/480? :/)
motherboard - keep with it, and not use my iphone... untill dfi pull their finger out, or sell out and get the zotak/gigabyte?
cooling O.o depends on case

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
imagecya.jpg

case!
squealing gtx 280 (either mod it or sell it and buy something that doesnt squeal, but I like nvidia for physx/cuda..., so 470/480? :/)
motherboard - keep with it, and not use my iphone... untill dfi pull their finger out, or sell out and get the zotak/gigabyte?

My Zotac 9300 has probs every now and then with USB devices, sometimes it takes 10-20 boots to get the keyboard recognised and into the BIOS. :( Wonder if it's a common problem across mITX boards?

Other than that it's a cracking little board. Oh and much chuckling at the size of that graphics card against the board. :D

Soldato

case!

In case you consider Corsair H50 you might want to check this out first. Retention clip interfering with mosfet reported SSF Club

Can trim away part of the plastic, so doesn't crush mosfet.

Soldato
OP
My Zotac 9300 has probs every now and then with USB devices, sometimes it takes 10-20 boots to get the keyboard recognised and into the BIOS. :( Wonder if it's a common problem across mITX boards?

Other than that it's a cracking little board. Oh and much chuckling at the size of that graphics card against the board. :D

more like a p55 problem :( haha :D

Soldato
OP
also, im thinking of swithcing the iphone to a desire, would rid 90% of my issues. ALthought I've not once had a problem with keyboard/mouse, and both are wireless/bluetooth. Both worked instantly in bios/installation of windows without any drivers, which scared me a bit... (especially the keyboard, i didnt even sync it and it worked in bios, even without an os installed)

(also getting new xfimb disk + code form dfi, the lovely people <3)

at the gfx card, the mobo looks bigger in the pic than it really is too (prolly due to the anti static bag), it is a bit insane :D

and yup seen that dfi mod on sff.looks an ideal solution :) Just wonder if the h50 would fit in the case... or then again, custom water loop with a 240 rad :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
small update, got a text saying my ram has shipped.

8gig for less than 120quid. Yes thankyou!

they sent 2x2gb... phoned complained, getting new stuff shipped and this stuff collected... Grrr.
Can my life go any better?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom