PPI Claiming

Associate
Well found some paperwork from Barclaycard which I thought was going to speed up claiming. Turns out the PPI I did have, I cancelled during first month of having the card. They took 1 premium off me for around £40 so looks like I realised I didn't need it and cancelled it. Doubt I'll get my £40 back but nothing lost so at least I can forget that one.

Soldato
I used Resolver having read this thread and received a letter from the Halifax a couple of days back informing me that I would be receiving a cheque for just over £1600.

Rather pleased with that so a big thanks to all for posting the information on it all.

Permabanned
I've never really taken loans out from a bank and I've had or two credit cards but I usually pay attention and declined ppi. I've had a few things on finance from pc world (HFC bank) in the early 2000s.

What are the chances of having ppi on anything without me knowing... Worth going to one of these companies that do all the searches?

Soldato
I've never really taken loans out from a bank and I've had or two credit cards but I usually pay attention and declined ppi. I've had a few things on finance from pc world (HFC bank) in the early 2000s.

What are the chances of having ppi on anything without me knowing... Worth going to one of these companies that do all the searches?

depends if you know what you've had and when. If not, I think you are limited to 6 years on the standard credit checks.
PPI companies are useless. They send you a form asking for ALL details (banks, type of loan, date period). If you know all that, just phone the lenders PPI number which takes literally 30 seconds. Give them your name, address, date of birth and a reason for mis-selling (just say you didn't know you had it). They do all the work from then on.

I was going through a PPI company as I no longer have any information, but since they need it I'm a bit stuck. Just ringing round ones I can remember and going from there.

Not had any luck though

Had it with legal and general but they declined my claim
Nothing from Santander or Natwest
Halifax may be a winner, just waiting for a letter

Thing is, it's not as easy as it sounds. They have lots of excuses to decline claims which usually means having to send letters to the financial ombudsman

Don
Well I got my natwest private loan refund decision, based on my previous windfall I was hoping for a six figure sum, turns out I was dreaming, £56.82

clearly my business partner was annoyingly shrewd

No GT4 for me :(

Associate
Mbna say they wrote to me in 2013 and because I did not reply I am now time barred from complaining and reclaiming ppi. 3 year time limit. I received no such letter. Is there anything I can do ?

Soldato
I've held a credit card with Capital One for 17 years and finally managed to pay it off this year. I was certain that the account did not have PPI but having used the PPI checker on their own website yesterday, they've already emailed me stating a PPI product has been found on the account.
What it is, I don't know but I've now used Resolver to complain.

Associate
I'd ask if it was sent recorded and ask them to prove that you received it.

I am going to try that however looking at other forums it would seem that if they sent it first class and to.the correct address its my problem if I didn't receive it and the FOS will be unable to assist. The claim would have been for approx 20k if upheld so I'm very upset. Why would I have not responded if I received it I would have been mad not to have done.

Soldato
OP
depends if you know what you've had and when. If not, I think you are limited to 6 years on the standard credit checks.
PPI companies are useless. They send you a form asking for ALL details (banks, type of loan, date period). If you know all that, just phone the lenders PPI number which takes literally 30 seconds. Give them your name, address, date of birth and a reason for mis-selling (just say you didn't know you had it). They do all the work from then on.

Thing is, it's not as easy as it sounds. They have lots of excuses to decline claims which usually means having to send letters to the financial ombudsman

As I said in my posts, I used a claims company for all my searching. I provided them with my address history and a list of likely candidates where I might have PPI - it is not difficult to think back over the past decade and decide where you may have had a loan, a credit card etc.
This is all the information I provided. No types of loan, no date periods, no account numbers. They came back to me with a list of all the companies that had a PPI record, along with the loan type and the dates allowing me to make all the claims myself.
These claims companies are far from useless as they completed all the leg work for me.

If I wanted to be totally lazy then they would complete the whole process for me. Sure they will take a percentage, but they aren't a charity.

Soldato
Never bothered with it myself, that was until hearing the adverts for 'The Claim Guys', and my gullible side was suckered in - mainly because I'm lazy and the advert made it sound like all I did was give them my name and bank details; and they would do everything else - finally presenting me with the necessary details that I could either go after myself, or leave it with them. Suffice to say, when their lovely (expensive looking) information pack came through the post, it wasn't this easy - they wanted the above, plus the names and dates of loan etc I had previously had...

After thinking "sod off", I then took to MSE for a quick look, and they had some sort of referral system that specifically targeted certain suppliers, one [luckily] being my bank - so I used their online system and a submission was made; I then promptly forgot about it, not expecting anything to come of it, until I received some automated correspondence saying that they will look into my claim. A number of weeks later, maybe a little over a month, and I get a settlement letter through for a shade over 2K - lovely!

I can't for the life of me recall who else I had loans with - might do a credit check to see, but the next one I'll go after is Northern Rock - who I called about 4-5 weeks ago requesting a PPI claim pack; only to have nothing yet arrive. I have since downloaded the form and will send it via recorded post when done. That was quite a big loan, so hopefully I'll get a result there too.

Soldato
As I said in my posts, I used a claims company for all my searching. I provided them with my address history and a list of likely candidates where I might have PPI - it is not difficult to think back over the past decade and decide where you may have had a loan, a credit card etc.
This is all the information I provided. No types of loan, no date periods, no account numbers. They came back to me with a list of all the companies that had a PPI record, along with the loan type and the dates allowing me to make all the claims myself.
These claims companies are far from useless as they completed all the leg work for me.

If I wanted to be totally lazy then they would complete the whole process for me. Sure they will take a percentage, but they aren't a charity.

Right, you have renewed my enthusiasm, form being filled in this afternoon

I've had a go myself with the likely candidates and came up short. They can do the rest.

Soldato
I have had a successful claim for a packaged bank account that I have held for 17 years. Never used the benefits from it and only ever obtained it on advise that I would get preferential rates and easier access to additional lending, loans, CC's, overdrafts, and mortgages.

My claim response letter came back from the bank, I was advised I had had a number of loans over the years (I was aware of these) so just thought I will call and see if I had any PPI.

I never thought I had any PPI but when To my surprise they have advised me that there is evidence of PPI on a chain of 5 loans! Claims have been raised, I will be very surprised if there was PPI but if there was, I never agreed to it and have clear memory of saying it wasn't needed, said my old man would support me if the **** hit the fan :D. This could turn out to be a case of not miss sold but falsely provided if it was in place. We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom