PPI Claiming

Soldato
Well as expected, legal and general have rejected my claim

So that's no luck with Santander, Natwest, Halifax and L&G

Time to hit the claim guys as I'm spending far too much time and getting naff all! as I expected right at the start of all this lol

:edit: Actually, sod it, going through a PPI company

Soldato
No response from HSBC after 7 weeks, but £977 has just landed in my account, originating from a 4K loan that was paid off early.

Not a bad return. Time invested ~20mins.

Associate
Submitted my claim to Barclaycard via Resolver. The date I took the card out I was self employed as a contractor. As such I believe that I should be fine in getting a refund as I had 0 job security (1 week notice) and they wouldn't have covered my circumstances. I can't however remember how I applied for the card be it online, a form or phone.

Associate
Submitted my claim to Barclaycard via Resolver. The date I took the card out I was self employed as a contractor. As such I believe that I should be fine in getting a refund as I had 0 job security (1 week notice) and they wouldn't have covered my circumstances. I can't however remember how I applied for the card be it online, a form or phone.

I have submitted a Barclays claim on resolver. heard nothing yet at all. 2 weeks so far.

Soldato
Wish i was stupid enough to have taken out loans and CC without reading the small print. Dam my paranoia.

I'm not sure if i feel jealous of all this money being paid out or thankful I didnt fall for any of it in the first place! I'm going with the later.
Same situation. Looks like I refused PPI every time it was offered.

Soldato
I've done a claim through the Santander website against GE money who I had a few loans with back in the early 2000s. Not very hopeful but I definitely had PPI on them as there wasn't a way to get rid of it at the time!

Soldato
I'm working for a PPI company atm.
If you do it yourself and your claim gets rejected, it means you have no PPI on the account aka you are due no refund.
There is no point going through a claims company as they will be rejected as-well (also they take upwards of 50% so be careful)

v0n

v0n

Soldato
It's not quite as clear cut as this though. I've just gone through this adventure with Halifax and HSBC - they both have the same tactic - they only check currently active accounts - unless you provide them with all the list of old account numbers you had with them. Halifax only sent me a letter regarding two out of 7 products I had with them over the last decade. I'll be going through PPI with Halifax again, once I shift through 10 years worth of papers in the loft.

Soldato
I'm working for a PPI company atm.
If you do it yourself and your claim gets rejected, it means you have no PPI on the account aka you are due no refund.
There is no point going through a claims company as they will be rejected as-well (also they take upwards of 50% so be careful)
No, it just means they have "decided" that the PPI wasn't mis-sold to you...

Soldato
Well, about 6 weeks since I filed in the initial claims and I'm up about 16k.

I have 1 claim that I'm still waiting to hear on and one from the HSBC that I've referred to the financial ombudsman. Strangely, I made 2 claims with the HSBC, they're honouring the small claim for about 3k but not the much, much bigger one because of a typo. That's the one I've referred.

According to the FO, HSBC like to play hard ball quite a lot and make you wait right until the end of the limit of when they should contact you, which is precisely what they've done.

Associate
Well, about 6 weeks since I filed in the initial claims and I'm up about 16k.

I have 1 claim that I'm still waiting to hear on and one from the HSBC that I've referred to the financial ombudsman. Strangely, I made 2 claims with the HSBC, they're honouring the small claim for about 3k but not the much, much bigger one because of a typo. That's the one I've referred.

According to the FO, HSBC like to play hard ball quite a lot and make you wait right until the end of the limit of when they should contact you, which is precisely what they've done.

did you use templates for original claims? I've used resolver and not heard anything from anyone!

Soldato
did you use templates for original claims? I've used resolver and not heard anything from anyone!

I used resolver for all of them. It took about 2-3 weeks to get responses.

RBS sent me an identical questionnaire and asked me to fill it out in addition to the resolver claim which I've done. Also the FO asks you to fill in details which is the same as the resolver website.

How long since you filled them in?

Associate
I used resolver for all of them. It took about 2-3 weeks to get responses.

RBS sent me an identical questionnaire and asked me to fill it out in addition to the resolver claim which I've done. Also the FO asks you to fill in details which is the same as the resolver website.

How long since you filled them in?

Soldato
Folks, could PPI extend to mortgages?
I assume this is different to income protection insurance....
Is it something where loan companies would add on this protection insurance irrespective of asking?

Soldato
as expected, this isn't going well for me

Decided to go through a PPI company, they have sent me a form asking me to fill in all the loans, credit cards, mortgages etc etc I've had. Erm, isn't that the whole point of paying 25% to a claims company! They do all the work!

If I knew all that, I'd simply ring all the PPI telephone numbers and spend 30 seconds telling them my name and address.

I've had tons of agreements over the past 20 years, no paperwork and can't remember 90% of them. Had an egg card at some point, no idea when though.

Associate
I was in the same boat. Claims Guys just needed my addresses and then a list of any loans, cards I thought I might have had. They then contacted them all and got my details through. So far only 1 had PPI and I have submitted myself but I expect they will reject it. I was self-employed but as I can't remember how I took the card out they will probably just say that I asked for the cover and they didn't "sell" me it so its not mis-sold. Trying to find the original application or any paperwork now but I probably won't get anywhere.

Associate
as expected, this isn't going well for me

Decided to go through a PPI company, they have sent me a form asking me to fill in all the loans, credit cards, mortgages etc etc I've had. Erm, isn't that the whole point of paying 25% to a claims company! They do all the work!

If I knew all that, I'd simply ring all the PPI telephone numbers and spend 30 seconds telling them my name and address.

I've had tons of agreements over the past 20 years, no paperwork and can't remember 90% of them. Had an egg card at some point, no idea when though.

cant you just phone the lenders and give them your name and address and say you don't have account numbers but are sure you had ppi and want to complain about miss selling

Back
Top Bottom