**** Pre-Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
To be fair, the graphics look pretty terrible on the first scenes - but them much better later on for some of the later scenes. It's in no way top tier graphically, but as long as they are closer to the higher end of the trailer I'll be happy. While graphics are not the most important thing, they do need to move with the times.

Graphics for some (like me) do play a part in the immersion into the world, a story plays out much nicer when visually some scenes are impressive. The whole 'graphicsVSstory' debate is flawed - both are ideal. From a triple A title with a huge budget I'd expect both to at least a certain level, with story obviously being the priority.

I swear though, some people are blind and they can't see beyond the really ropey parts.
My thoughts exactly, as I mentioned first - some scenes look more than good enough. If we assume the game will be to that standard it's perfectly fine.

Caporegime
I love the game play these sort of titles offer, even though the setting isn't quite what I'd like. Looking forward to it. :)

Colours look nice and vibrant.

Last edited:
Soldato
The trailer looks like the ropey parts aren't in engine anyway, the animations of the character, dog, texturing and modelling are to a different standard than the scenic shots.

It looks to me that the parts with the guy and the dog have been produced independently of the scenic shots, like they've made the ropey parts ages ago and mixed in recent footage.

You just don't get a game that looks as bad as the parts with the guy and dog, and as good as the other parts, at the same time.

Soldato
To be more specific, I think it's a placeholder to say that the game will be released before this year is out.

Based on the scenic imagery, it certainly looks like they've done a lot, so a release before the end of the year certainly seems feasible.

Man of Honour
The trailer looks like the ropey parts aren't in engine anyway, the animations of the character, dog, texturing and modelling are to a different standard than the scenic shots.

It looks to me that the parts with the guy and the dog have been produced independently of the scenic shots, like they've made the ropey parts ages ago and mixed in recent footage.

You just don't get a game that looks as bad as the parts with the guy and dog, and as good as the other parts, at the same time.

Exactly this. It looks like two different games.

Soldato
Exactly this. It looks like two different games.

I feel like people are only seeing this:

6_zpsy64pfyw9.png

and nothing else.

Associate
Excellent.

P.s. This thread's not showing up in PC Games for me, I had to track it down through my post history like some kind of amazing cyber detective.

edit: now it's there.

Last edited:
Soldato
.. and people say consoles aren't holding graphics back. We have solid proof right here in this Fallout cartoon they just released.

I'm still going to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom