**** Pre-Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I wonder if the trailer is pre-rendered or if that's the game engine.

I was kinda hoping it would end up looking better than the sims 3 graphics wise, it certainly doesn't look 'next-gen' :p

You mean in an in-engine offline render, like cutscenes? Well, obviously. If it looks worse than that when you're controlling it though, on PC, it'll be pretty ******.

Reality is we're looking at a Bethesda game that's likely been in development hell for 6-7 years. It's clearly on an old engine (rudimentary lighting & environmental effects) and has super low poly models with low res textures. This looks like it was squarely aimed at the Xbox360 originally.

Last edited:
Associate
Good spot, the little loading screens when entering/exiting buildings were a slight annoyance. Although I hope its not IDTech 5 engine as it doesn't support multi GPU.

I highly doubt it's IDT5 ... it looks a LOT worse than that. It's almost definitely Tech 4, judging by the look of it. Outside chance it's a deprecated, forked version of the Elder Scrolls engine.

Last edited:
Associate
Never actually played any of them but, that was due to not really having the spec to play anything half decent! Will be looking forward to this now, though :)

Soldato
Looks great I can visualise the PC SKU maxxed out @ 4K with ultra everything. That video is clearly not created on PC probably PS4/XB1 assets.

Also as they are announcing it now I think it will definately be out this autumn/winter probably late Nov I suspect most of the game is done already Bethesda are being really guarded about that to avoid the cash-in products from others (not that they need to bother now this will sell strongly for years to come).

Last edited:
Soldato
Having watched the footage again, I'm nigh on certain it is Tech 4. One advantage, though, IIRC at least you can remove the 60hz / FPS cap in Tech4 ... but this is clearly a very last gen game.

I highly doubt it's IDT5 ... it looks a LOT worse than that. It's almost definitely Tech 4, judging by the look of it. Outside chance it's a deprecated, forked version of the Elder Scrolls engine.

Did you actually watch the whole trailer? Did you see the images I posted?

I'm unsure how you can claim it's got super low poly models and low res textures as a whole.

Also "last gen" doesn't mean anything, and as such it clearly isn't "last gen" at all.

What games "last gen" have you been playing that looked like:

1_zpsjwulubon.png

4_zpsmmwxswp8.png

I'd love to know.

Soldato
Should be good either way. I cant help but think however that games like this are seriously held back by consoles. Imagine a Fallout PC exclusive (never gonna happen) :(

Games aren't held back by consoles. It's not the way things work. Games wouldn't be as popular and mainstream as they are today without consoles in the first place. So no, just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom