**** Pre-Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it £10 more expensive than from GAME? I hope this isn't going to be another game which is released earlier if you got it from GAME than steam. Would that even work if the game has steamworks integrated?

The crippling, burdensome costs of digital content distribution man. It wasn't as we were promised, it wasn't the shining light in the night, it wasn't the saviour for content distributors. It was a millstone, a shackle, a curse and a plague on the land of gaming...

Oh wait. No sorry, it's just Gabe cashing in.

Caporegime
hopefully it will be more like 2 then 3 or vegas those were horrible

Get out.

Mods: Could you please change the ownership of the thread to me..? I wanted to make this a useful thread with a master post at the front which would be constantly updated with categorised links and things, and I wanted to be able to find it easily in my created threads list, but now you've merged it into this thread... :(

When I made this thread minutes after the announcement, it had all the information and links that were available in those few minutes...
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28124238&postcount=183

Last edited:
Soldato
LOL at Bethesdas pricing on Steam.

£50 plus chargeable DLC's AND chargeable mods (Yes, I said it)...

WOW.

Isn't this pretty much normal pricing for new AAA games on Steam?

TW3 is £49.99, pretty sure GTA 5 was £49.99 at launch, as was AC Unity etc.

It's certainly not a Bethesda thing (although the concern over paid mods and the possibility of an essentially incomplete/broken game is a valid one)

Does anyone actually ever pay those prices though? TW3 was on "sale" at £39.99 for at least a month before release, and anyone with a brain would have bought it from somewhere else for ~£30 (or less for a "grey import" version), only an idiot would pay full Steam prices for brand new games!

Get out.

Mods: Could you please change the ownership of the thread to me..? I wanted to make this a useful thread with a master post at the front which would be constantly updated with categorised links and things, and I wanted to be able to find it easily in my created threads list, but now you've merged it into this thread... :(

When I made this thread minutes after the announcement, it had all the information and links that were available in those few minutes...

Agreed, the OP is kinda lacking now it's gone from speculation to reality and the threads have been merged.

Acme - consolidate content for my perusal. :D

Permabanned
Whilst I agree that £50 seems a bit steep for a game... everyone seems to forget that 10-15 years ago you were paying £40 for PS1 games and the like. Heck I remember Sega games being a similar price as games are today, not even factoring in inflation, and that was 20 years ago.

I don't think we are getting ripped off on the prices, its the quality of games and the mass influx of "pay for alpha" games now days that makes it seem like a rip off IMO.

But as Haggisman has said, everyone who has a bit of sense won't be paying the RRP prices. I expect Fallout 4 to go for £40 on PC and £50 for XboxOne and Ps4 come release.

Soldato
Get out.

I've raised this for you.

Soldato
i am not slating a 3 and vegas , but when i was huge fan of 1 and 2 completed over 25 times and not completing 3 , i think managed complete vegas do , it did't put much of epic impression as 2 did.

Last edited:
Associate
i am not slating a 3 and vegas , but when i was huge fan of 1 and 2 completed over 25 times and not completing 3 , i think managed complete vegas do , it did't put much of epic impression as 2 did.

I know a lot of people love FO3 but for me NV feels more like a 'proper' fallout game somehow. I think FO3 was a bit too shiny and a lot of the town levels felt a bit restrictive, whereas NV had more of a feeling of open world (even if it was deceptive, it was well done).

In order of enjoyment, I'd put them 2 (at the time), NV, 1, 3. If playing now, NV all ther way, with oodles of mods and the silliest perks you can find.

Associate
Never really gave the Fallout series a go but after yesterdays announcement I thought it's probably time I did.

Found my Fallout 3 disc and realised 1 major problem, I no longer have a disc drive :/ If anyone knows how I can install this that would be most helpful.
I then installed Fallout New Vegas and am enjoying it.

Must admit though I am not a fan of the £49.99 price tag, was all set to pre-order but I'm going digital here.. all in favour of them getting paid but that is just too much for a download.

Associate
You could try and find an .iso of the FO3 disc by more or less legitimate means and just use the code from your legit copy?

It might even be redeemable on steam for all I know.

Associate
Never really gave the Fallout series a go but after yesterdays announcement I thought it's probably time I did.

Found my Fallout 3 disc and realised 1 major problem, I no longer have a disc drive :/ If anyone knows how I can install this that would be most helpful.
I then installed Fallout New Vegas and am enjoying it.

Must admit though I am not a fan of the £49.99 price tag, was all set to pre-order but I'm going digital here.. all in favour of them getting paid but that is just too much for a download.

download it on steam and enter the cd-key? or Download from a less reputable site

Associate
download it on steam and enter the cd-key? or Download from a less reputable site

Think I tried something very similar to this for Crysis but wouldn't allow me to do it. Edit: The steam idea... tried to redeem the CD key but wouldn't let me get it. Reluctant to buy again though but would like a go on this game again :'(

Soldato
Got a code for 23% off at GMG but it doesn't seem to work when buying from the UK store. (Might only be valid in the US as the price reduction was $46.20 down from $59.99)

23PERC-ENTOFF-48HOUR

Associate
Not sure if troll or if you genuinely didn't understand why calling this a port is clearly idiotic at this stage.

A port would be a game developed for one system then transported over to another (i.e. art assets re-used, game code rewritten). A bad port is one where no attempt is made to use appropriate art assets (sticking with low detail models, smaller textures when there's no reason to on PC, Xbox prompts when using mouse/keyboard etc) or where the main game engine is poorly written so controls/performance is horrible for a given hardware level.

Calling something a 'port' from a trailer is... it makes no sense. You don't even know if the footage shown is in-game, or on what system.

It's a console port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom