**** Pre-Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You don't, but your complaint was that Americans are only paying $60. I'm just pointing out that $60+VAT is about the same.

Ah, well VAT isn't included in the store price for Steam US then? Because when I check Steam.storepowered US its listed for $59.99.

Associate
I have yet to finish Fallout 3 NV and then I have free up a lot of time for Fallout 4, still can not wait for it to be released. One of the very few games I would pay full price for.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm in.
I just want more more Fatboy action!

You beast!

I'm not pre-ordering this at all and I probably won't get it at release either as I struggled to finish 3.

Still I hope it's a stonking game when it comes out but no way am I paying for £50 for that, especially since Bethesda games feel like an unfinished product when they come out only to be fixed by the community.

Soldato
Their past experiments at paid mods is what makes me a bit nervous as I don't think we've seen the last of that. I keep envisioning a half completed game (as is the case always with them I guess) which they will expect modders to completely finish off. Sure we'll see early/current gameplay bits at E3 but we won't see the underlying bits - look at the unusable UI that was on Skyrim at launch. I don't think it ever got addressed thanks to SkyUI.

Associate
Why do you keep posting these images? They look just as bad as the first time.

Not ported? It is a console port. It's patently obvious from the trailer.

Not sure if troll or if you genuinely didn't understand why calling this a port is clearly idiotic at this stage.

A port would be a game developed for one system then transported over to another (i.e. art assets re-used, game code rewritten). A bad port is one where no attempt is made to use appropriate art assets (sticking with low detail models, smaller textures when there's no reason to on PC, Xbox prompts when using mouse/keyboard etc) or where the main game engine is poorly written so controls/performance is horrible for a given hardware level.

Calling something a 'port' from a trailer is... it makes no sense. You don't even know if the footage shown is in-game, or on what system.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is it £10 more expensive than from GAME? I hope this isn't going to be another game which is released earlier if you got it from GAME than steam. Would that even work if the game has steamworks integrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom