Premier League 2010/2011 Predictions

Soldato
Only 2 weeks to go before it all starts and so far City apart everyone has been very quiet in the transfer market both Chelsea and Arsenal have lost some experienced players and IMO weakened themselves without any signs of anyone new being brought in, United & Spurs have pretty much stayed the same, Liverpool look like they've kept hold of Gerrard and Torres but look like they'll need to replace Mascherano and find a LB and City's spending doesn't look like it's anywhere near stopping having already signed a new centre back, new left back & a new wide player (with probably at least Balotelli & Milner still to be signed) so as things stand I'll go with the following....

1st - United
2nd - Chelsea
3rd - Man City
4th - Arsenal
------------
5th - Liverpool
6th - Tottenham
------------
18th - Wigan
19th - Blackpool
20th - WBA

And for good measure;

Champions League
Chelsea

FA Cup
Man Utd

Carling Cup
Man City

Got a sneaky feeling for Chelsea in Europe this season :(

Man of Honour
ffs, CITY WILL NOT OVERTAKE ARSENAL!!!!!! :mad:

1st - Arsenal/Chelsea
2nd - Chelsea/Arsenal
3rd - Man U
4th - Tottenham
------------
5th - City
6th - Liverpool
------------
18th - West Ham
19th - Blackpool
20th - WBA

And for good measure;

Champions League: Barca

FA Cup: Chelsea

Carling Cup: Man U

Soldato
This is a really hard one this year!

Erm.

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Man City

4. Tottenham
5. Arsenal
6. Liverpool

I'm not totally convinced untill the transfer window closes.

But I'll man up and take a punt now. lol

18. Bolton (about time they left)
19. Wigan (them too)
20. Blackpool (Just can't see it being a fairytale)

Champions League: Real Madrid

FA Cup: Aston Villa

Carling Cup: Liverpool

Man of Honour
It's more likely than Arsenal winning the league that's for sure :p

Screw You!!!! :p

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Man City

4. Tottenham
5. Arsenal
6. Liverpool

I can't wait for us to come 1st/2nd in the league and prove you all wrong. We were predicted to drop out of the top 4 about 2 years ago and it's still not and never will happen (any time soon).

Soldato
I'd love to see Arsenal win the league again, but I just can't see it unless they finish the transfer window with 1 or 2 gems!

I really think Man City and Tottenham will run the big boys all the way this year.

As for Newcastle.. I'm going to say..... 9th!

Don
1st - Chelsea
2nd - Man City
3rd - Man Utd
4th - Liverpool
------------
5th - Arsenal
6th - Tottenham
------------
18th - Wolves
19th - WBA
20th - Blackpool

And for good measure;

Champions League
Barca

FA Cup
Man City

Carling Cup
Aston Villa

Soldato
OP
P.s. I'm really not convinced Man Utd can do well this year, but I guess they will do the same thing they do every year.

You see I really dont see why so many people have that opinion, there were points of last season where the majority were ready to hand the title to us and when it came down to it we only missed out by a point add that to the fact that for the majority of the season we were without both Ferdinand and Vidic in defence.

Not to mention Chelsea IMO have weakened themselves massively by releasing the likes of Belletti, Ballack & Joe Cole and look no more likely of signing anyone whereas we haven't lost anyone and have strengthened our squad and who knows we're still apparently the bookies favourites to sign Ozil....

1st - Chelsea
2nd - Man City
3rd - Man Utd
4th - Liverpool
------------
5th - Arsenal
6th - Tottenham

Interesting, you really think Liverpool will finish higher than Arsenal? Or is it wishful thinking?

Man of Honour
1st - Chelsea
2nd - Manchester United
3rd - Manchester City
4th - Arsenal
------------
5th - Liverpool
6th - Tottenham Hotspur
------------
18th - Wigan
19th - Wolves
20th - Blackpool

And for good measure;

Champions League
Barcelona

FA Cup
Manchester United

Carling Cup
Aston Villa

Found it pretty hard to pick 18th place, but that's par for the course - I always get at least 2 of the 3 sides to go down correct.

Man of Honour
Interesting, you really think Liverpool will finish higher than Arsenal? Or is it wishful thinking?

Not that surprising surely, over the past 5 seasons Liverpool have collected 12 more points than Arsenal, and also won something. Couple that with Arsenal's defence being decimated (4 centrehalves leaving for free) this summer and it is perfectly feasible.

Soldato
OP
Not that surprising surely, over the past 5 seasons Liverpool have collected 12 more points than Arsenal, and also won something. Couple that with Arsenal's defence being decimated (4 centrehalves leaving for free) this summer and it is perfectly feasible.

True, was just interested as the Liverpool lot have been fairly quiet this summer about where they think they'll end up next season

Don

It's going to be very close. I think our first 11 is better than their's but their squad is stronger.

The fact that we've not got the CL to concentrate on (obviously I wish we did) might prove the difference. I can't see the likes of Torres playing much part in the Europa League until the business end, if we get there of course.

Man of Honour

tbh that could be the only thing standing between us and a top 3 place. Wenger must be senile to go into this season without signing at least 2 more CBs.

Soldato
OP
Not really. Liverpool and Arsenal will remain in the top 4 as long as neither have a disastrous season (like Liverpools 09/10).

No chance, even though I honestly believe City have a very average manager (in comparison with say SAF or Wenger) there's no chance with the money they've thrown at new players this summer they wont finish in the top 4

It's just a case of whether they finish 3rd or 4th imo, they wont break the United/Chelsea top two though

Soldato
Strange that people are still predicting Arsenal to drop out of the top 4, especially this year. Last year they were only about 10 points away from Chelsea and played the last few months without Fabregas, Song, Arshavin, RvP (came back slowly in the last few games), Gallas etc. so it'd probably have been closer with a tiny bit of injury luck (i.e. not the 5 best players injured, some of the crappers instead).

I always thought it was silly to predict Arsenal to drop out of the top 4 for the last 3 or 4 years, but could understand it to an extent seeing as Arsenal usually lose 2 or 3 top players each summer and people don't trust Wenger to sort it out, but this year Arsenal haven't lost anybody significant besides Gallas and have gained Chamakh (somebody who was needed badly), Nasri has had a proper pre season, RvP is fit again and proved that he can make this formation deadly, and several players have notably improved on the beginning of last year. Also while the CB spot looks a little dodgy now, with 1 more good CB I'd say it arguably stronger than last season's options (with Silvestre/Sol making regular hello's, this season it'll be Kol and Johan stepping in)

Long explanation but I fear people are under estimating Arsenal yet again. I don't think they'll win the league but I know they'll be close, and certainly in the CL places. I also believe that we'll see another CB coming in and a good GK which would mean that besides one CM the squad is looking excellent, and that's more than can be said for the last few years. Here's to hoping the CB and GK do come in, I'm certain they will though, Wenger said that the team will always have 4 CB's and there's lots of agents saying Arsenal are interested in their keeper.

1 - Chelsea
2 - Arsenal
3 - Man Utd
4 - Man City

5 - Liverpool
6 - Everton

18 - WBA
19 - Wigan
20 - Blackpool

CL
Barca

FA
Man Utd

Last edited:
Man of Honour
No chance, even though I honestly believe City have a very average manager (in comparison with say SAF or Wenger) there's no chance with the money they've thrown at new players this summer they wont finish in the top 4

It's just a case of whether they finish 3rd or 4th imo, they wont break the United/Chelsea top two though

Having a team of great players doesn't mean a lot if they can't play well together, that's how teams work. City spent quite a bit of money last season and pundits and fans alike said they'll knock arsenal or Liverpool out of the top 4 and that didn't happen (well, Liverpool knocked themselves out). Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U have been in the top 4 since 02/03 and i doubt City of all teams will knock them out.

Back
Top Bottom