Premier League 2010/2011 Predictions

Soldato
OP
New season, same old Arsenal sceptics. :) What are people basing this on? We had a good crack at things last year and this was with goalkeepers costing us cheap points and half of the first 11 injured for the last few games (and lots of key injuries throughout the season). And I don't care what anyone says, no one else in the top 6 had the same level of injuries as Arsenal.

Had to lol at that, you're complaining of people continually writing of arsenal and then you go and put them ahead of united - people write off us every summer only to be proved wrong so you're guilty of doing the same that you claim people do to your team

(Not to mention the gulf in class between the two teams has been clear to see over the past two years)

Besides who has put you anywhere below 4th? Considering you finished 3rd last year only 4 points ahead of spurs iirc then you finishing 4th next season given citys spending isn't that hard to believe at all!

Soldato
Man United have an awful awful squad. They won't be able to ride their luck this season, they'll really be off the pace.

Liverpool only have 1 competition to go for this season, Prem, Prem, Prem. Chelsea will also challenge of course. Just watch the difference of not having to play Champs league football for L'pool.

Yeah because Liverpool's squad is so much better :D. Their first game of the season is tomorrow, they are in the same number of competitions as the other top teams too.

Man of Honour
Had to lol at that, you're complaining of people continually writing of arsenal and then you go and put them ahead of united - people write off us every summer only to be proved wrong so you're guilty of doing the same that you claim people do to your team

(Not to mention the gulf in class between the two teams has been clear to see over the past two years)

Besides who has put you anywhere below 4th? Considering you finished 3rd last year only 4 points ahead of spurs iirc then you finishing 4th next season given citys spending isn't that hard to believe at all!

Aside from Arsenal i think Man U are the team that keep defying the odds. I remember how everyone thought they were going drop out of the top 4 when C.Ronaldo left. Even last season people said their ageing squad aren't capable of fighting for the title. They were only 2 points (1?) away from Chelsea last season, i see no reason why they would suddenly fall down the table.

Last five years:
05/06: 4th, no trophies
06/07: 4th, no trophies
07/08: 3rd, no trophies
08/09: 4th, no trophies
09/10: 3rd, no trophies

Conclusion: Arsenal will finished 3rd or 4th and not win anything. Wenger will moan about injuries. Fans will scream at him to make some big signings.

05/06: 4th, no trophies - 24 points from the top
06/07: 4th, no trophies - 21 points from the top
07/08: 3rd, no trophies - 5 Points from the top
08/09: 4th, no trophies - 18 points from the top
09/10: 3rd, no trophies - 11 points from the top

Based on that, it looks as if we're getting closer each year (bar the decent 07/08 campaign). The only important player that's left is Gallas but we've brought in chamakh and Koscielny (and there's probably more to come!). Nasri is fitter then he was last season and we have better cover for when the annual injury crisis hits.

Last edited:
Associate
1st - United
2nd - Chelsea
3rd - Man City
4th - Tottenham
------------
5th - Arsenal
6th - Everton
------------
18th - Wolves
19th - West Brom
20th - Blackpool

Champions League
Real Madrid

FA Cup
Tottenham

Carling Cup
Man City

Man of Honour
1st - United (I think will win it near the end, like this season but in reverse).
2nd - Chelsea (^)
3rd - City (I think their signings are really starting to get better, Yaya Toure was a big one in my eyes)
4th - Arsenal (I truely have no idea, at least this summer it appears a lot of dead wood's gone and a few players have arrived. However not enough in both directions in my eyes. We're still likely to lose a lot of first teamers for unhealthy chunks of the season, again. I wouldn't be surprised to see us struggle to fourth (perhaps an Arshavin styled signing in January?), or be at the top and screwed near the end. Either way, I don't think Spurs and City are that complete yet, Liverpool appeared to have waned and Villa don't appear to be able to rise further in the table. Everton too, provided they don't have an Arsenal styled injury hit season should be up there too.
------------
5th - Everton (^^)
6th - Villa(^^)
------------
18th - Wigan
19th - Blackpool
20th - WBA

And for good measure;

Champions League
Real Madrid

FA Cup
Man UTD

Carling Cup
Arsenal (very very optimistically, more likely Chelsea or UTD to be fair).

Relegation's a much harder one to predict, I too thought of the same ones as the OP, and as it turns out a few others. I reckon Blackpool will deffo go down, WBA probably, but the third place I can't really tell. Wigan perhaps, maybe Newcastle.

Last edited:
Soldato
United to win everything, Arsenal to continue dusting their empty cabinet off, City to get the most diminishing returns on their uselessly expensive spending spree, Chelsea to be the most irritating little gnat on United's domination. Liverpool? Who's that?

Not a United fan, honest :D

Soldato
I don't think Yaya is that big a signing for City, sure, he's a good player, but De Jong was hardly a bad player...

Soldato
1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
5. Man City

Yep, I think we'll just get a repeat of this season.

Champions League - Real Madrid
FA Cup - Chelsea
League Cup - Man City

Naturally JM will win the CL at Real, if he can do it at Inter he can do it there. Chelsea and Man City to take the domestic trophies.

Associate

It isn't hard to believe at all that Arsenal may finish fourth in the coming season (or worse). In much the same way that it isn't that hard to believe that Arsenal may finish above Man Utd. No one knows until the end of the season.

You are right, not many people here have them outside the top four. Its a big thing for the pundits though. I always wonder what its based on. Mostly on what other teams outside of the top 4 seem to be spending as apposed to any historical evidence.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
1. Chelsea
2. Man u
3. Man City
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham

Champs league
Real Madrid

Man u haven't strengthened really and I think we'll keep the prem for a second season. Man city have made enough good signings in my eyes to get 3rd but I can't see them challenging the top two. Not really sure about the champions league this year but with mou and their players, Madrid might just clinch it.

Associate
1. ManCity
2. Chelsea
3. ManU
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
6. Everton
7. Aston Villa
8. Liverpool
9. West Ham
10. Fulham
18. Blackburn