Premier League 2010/2011 Predictions

Soldato
I agree with it being what we needed.

It's almost like a fresh start, like all the previous crap has finally been ended with a very good year in the championship in which we exceeded expection rather than disappoint.

It seems to be a good setup with the manager and staff and they are tweaking the squad in a good way I think.

I'd rather get free's and loans than spend 10m on Luque ...

Soldato
Not sure about Newcastle, doubt they'll finish in the top half though, there are some really good teams in the prem at the minute, the likes of Everton, Spurs, Liverpool, Villa are all much better, I'd even say Bolton, Stoke and Birmingham look better too. That's without mentioning the very top clubs

Soldato
OP
1st - Liverpool
2nd - Chelsea
3rd - Arseanal (sp :p)
4th - Man City
------------
5th - Man United
6th - Spurs
------------
18th - Wolves
19th - WBA
20th - Blackpool

Champions League
Real Madrid

FA Cup
Aston Villa

Carling Cup
Who cares?

Man United have an awful awful squad. They won't be able to ride their luck this season, they'll really be off the pace.

Liverpool only have 1 competition to go for this season, Prem, Prem, Prem. Chelsea will also challenge of course. Just watch the difference of not having to play Champs league football for L'pool.

Blackpool to be the new Derby FC.

Laughable, seriously laughable

1st Arsenal
2nd Chelsea
3rd Man City
4th Liverpool

5th Man Utd
6th Tottenham

18th - WBA
19th - Wolves
20th - Blackpool

And this

Soldato
You're not meant to criticise Man Utd, but he has a point, hard to see them slipping below 4th and to suggest Man Utd in 5th while Liverpool win the league is frankly the talking of a mad man

Associate
I bet everyone said the same when Liverpool won the champs league, or when Pompey won the F.A cup, or when Greece won the Euros.

The great thing about football. You can't predict it.

Notice anything about those 3 remarkable victories for those sides? They were all in cup competitions...
That's the thing about a league, it's 38 games, you play every side twice, it's the truest test of a side's quality and durability. In a cup competition there is eminently more scope for luck to influence the final outcome!

Soldato
Over 38 games, the best team usually wins. Liverpool, in no world are the best team in England. Also United 5th is a bit odd :eek:

Soldato
I bet this time last season if everyone was stating that Liverpool would finish 7th you'd all say it was crazy talk.

It's impossible on these forums for anyone to be allowed to say a team other than Man U or Chelsea will win the league, otherwise you're deemed 'Crazy'. Apparently only they have a chance of it? I bet it'd be stupid to say any of those two could have a bad season and finish 4th/5th aswell.

Maybe you can all tell me to buy a mondeo aswell to go with my pancake and pasty. ;)

Soldato
I predicted them to come 5th I think on here last season, it was obvious Liverpool were going to slide last season after a game or two. It's even more obvious that they won't win the league this season. The Prem is awfully predictable at the minute and has been for 4 or 5 years, Man Utd and Chelsea just have a little bit more than everyone, as an Arsenal fan it's not nice to admit, it's true though

Soldato
New season, same old Arsenal sceptics. :) What are people basing this on?

Last five years:
05/06: 4th, no trophies
06/07: 4th, no trophies
07/08: 3rd, no trophies
08/09: 4th, no trophies
09/10: 3rd, no trophies

Conclusion: Arsenal will finished 3rd or 4th and not win anything. Wenger will moan about injuries. Fans will scream at him to make some big signings.

Associate
I wasn't talking about trophies (I don't even have them down for 1st place myself). I'm talking about the yearly gumf where they fall outside the top 4.

Good to know you are confident of where they will finish though. ;)

Last five years:
05/06: 4th, no trophies
06/07: 4th, no trophies
07/08: 3rd, no trophies
08/09: 4th, no trophies
09/10: 3rd, no trophies

Conclusion: Arsenal will finished 3rd or 4th and not win anything. Wenger will moan about injuries. Fans will scream at him to make some big signings.

Soldato
In fairness, a lot of people said Utd wouldn't do well last season in the league - and they were unlucky with some results/injuries and only just missed out.

Going for;

1st - Chelsea
2nd - Utd
3rd - Man City
4th - Arsenal
------------
5th - Liverpool
6th - Tottenham
------------
18th - Newcastle
19th - WBA
20th - Blackpool