Prime hydration

During the mid 90s. Doc Marten boots and shoes were the rage. My mum went to a factory shop for shoes for herself one day and spotted these slight seconds of DMs - the odd stitch out of place etc. These had a third off RRP. She took me there after school one day and bought a pair of cherry red DM boots. My friends' mums were pleased with how much I paid for them and went en masse on the Saturday.

• Haha
Reactions: mrk
Kids - be unique, not a sheep.

When I was a kid, and I bet Feek did, we had ESSO football collections of badges and club emblems and you did everything to try and complete your collection, nothing has changed.
Are you telling me that as a young girl there wasn't something that all your friends were having that you also wanted?
This is the way.

Pea in a prime bottle and tell them to drink it. They won't ask for prime again.
55c53b5f81f5a51adef60da6babfcd57.jpg

None of those were expensive though, you could get a Tamagotchi for a tenner at Argos, they were always in stock, Furbys were the same
Furbys were in great demand and were very, very expensive. I was lucky enough to have a friend who ran a shop and I got four of them at retail. One for each of the kids and two that I sold via a classified advert in the local paper for a huge profit in the run up to Christmas 1998. One woman called me, begging me to sell one to her at the normal price because of [insert some sob story here] but I refused. I think the money I made from those two paid for most of Christmas that year ;)

Furbys were in great demand and were very, very expensive. I was lucky enough to have a friend who ran a shop and I got four of them at retail. One for each of the kids and two that I sold via a classified advert in the local paper for a huge profit in the run up to Christmas 1998. One woman called me, begging me to sell one to her at the normal price because of [insert some sob story here] but I refused. I think the money I made from those two paid for most of Christmas that year ;)
I think I just remember hearing about them at school, coming home and telling dad, and the next day we had Furbys between us siblings lol. The same with Tamagotchis. All from Argos.

Back
Top Bottom