Pro Cycling Discussion 2017

Soldato
On Eurosport they said the Italian commentators next to them say it was during a nature break as well.

Don't suppose it matters really as nothing came of it in the end.

Last edited:
Soldato
On Eurosport they said the Italian commentators next to them say it was during a nature break as well

And now they are claiming one of the Sunweb DS said it was NOT during a nature break whilst the other Sunweb DS said it was.
This stage is a catastrophe.

Soldato
And now they are claiming one of the Sunweb DS said it was NOT during a nature break whilst the other Sunweb DS said it was.
This stage is a catastrophe.

I don't know, I thought the first 50kms was quite exciting because of it although I was raging a bit :D:o

Oh dear, looks to be getting dropped :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't think he will be too fussed if he doesn't lose any more time. Probably be happier not being in Pink after last few days. Will also mean he gets to wear proper skinsuit not the catastrophe that the sponsors provide. Aero gainz yo!

Soldato
True, great days racing today. Reckon it will end up Dumoulin 1st, Pinot 2nd, Nibali 3rd with Quintana off the podium.

Praying for a smooth run for Dumoulin tomorrow. After seeing Nibali & Quintana just sat on TD's wheel on stage 19 unwilling to work or chase down other GC contenders, which looks to have been to their own detriment, boiled my **** a bit.

Pleased to see Nibali not gaining many bonus seconds and none for Quintana. Not quite sure why but Stage 19 alone has generated a vehement dislike for them both within me!

Soldato
What a GC battle - the organisers couldn't be happier with it genuinely coming down to the last TT. It's downhill and fast and I agree that Quintana could drop off the podium (especially as he has to use the official skinsuit rather than a proper one)

Soldato
I'm not normally a fan of watching TTs as I find them rather boring to watch but will be glued to the TV to see how it all pans out, should be a great finale to fantastic tour.

Soldato
Dumoulin did a gracious thing the other day by waiting for Quintana but it was also a stupid thing to do.
It was only a stupid thing to do because the others obviously lacked the sportsmanship he showed. But with much of that missing from recent pro cycling you're right. I'm just glad it didn't significantly alter the end result (no matter how hard they tried!). Same could be said of the Thomas, Yates & Landa crash.

Most of us will remember this Giro for TD's win even more fondly because of what the others attempted and failed to do to him. Nibali has always been slimy and always will be. He's a fine one to talk about 'karma'! :rolleyes: Fantastic descender but only because he's cocky as hell and doesn't care about himself or anyone else. Hate him more and more every interview I see.

Quintana is a sly little one, I don't like or trust the guy and wouldn't put anything past him.
I'm not sure, I get the feeling sometimes it's ignorance or a language barrier but equally he's shown better sportsmanship than that before to Froome (Tour 2015 iirc?). Maybe he hadn't really considered TD an equal but I can believe he didn't want to lose any time to Nibali as he knows he's a threat.

Really it just proved how much Nibali and Quintana are in each others pockets. Both of their TEAMS riding very well together vs Sunweb who clearly outgunned couldn't hope to match them. Majority of the time not even having +1 with TD.

Same here. As irritating as I usually find Juan Flecha I could understand his excitement & emotion yesterday :) Also incredibly humbling to hear Rolland speak about how he just wants to be a part of the sports history and what it truly meant to him.

Long overdue for Rolland and Cannondale for that matter. Same with Pinot, he looked strong just disappointed in some of his results in the later stages. Hope they both ride the Tour, maybe we're seeing a bit of a resurgence in French cycling!

Back
Top Bottom