Project: Aquasidian (Corsair 800D)

Associate
absolutely stunning

very nice i am very new to w/cooling and i wandered how you fill this with the rad at the top and also could you tell me how much of that tygon tube you used plus i counted 8 45 deg and 2 straight on the comp's is this correct cheers
sorry for sounding dumb

Nem

Nem

Associate
OP
Right, time for a small update seeing as I've made a slight change to the system and it's been 6 months since this was all started.

For the main rear fan I wanted one with blue blades or at least something blue related but couldn't find anything in a 140mm size at the time. So I ended up with a Zigmatech smoked one with white led's in it which I have to say was quite nice. Anyway, I noticed last week a place selling the same fan but with a blue blade so couldn't resist :)

I ended up buying two actually as I'd always thought the lower fan in the middle case floor / partition could do with being an led fan to put a small amount of light under that floor. So today I got round to braiding the cables and fitting them in the system...

58.jpg

Rear fan fitted:

59.jpg

Lower fan fitted, not the best picture but shows how it now put some lights on the lower pipes:

60.jpg

Quick overall picture:

61.jpg

And the last one for this update:

62.jpg

I know the new fans aren't the same aqua colour as the rest of the project but they do actually match the darker blue braid used for the alternate colour on some of the cables, so I think they work quite nicely overall.

I have to say that I'm still very impressed with the clinical grade dust filters, apart from a quick blast with the air can it really is still incredibly clean inside as the pictures show.

So I'll leave it there for now, I'm still hoping to get some proper final shots taken of the system and all details, especially now I've got these two fans installed which I've been thinking about for weeks.

Associate
amazing build mate, absolutely stunning
sorry to be a pain, but can you list how many fittings you used? and say the outer diameter of your tubing?
I'm basically building the exact same system, although I may go with the 5970
also, what monitors are you looking to run on that bad boy?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
lovely build

i just picked up a load of those blueline fans for my rebuild.
the photos dont do them justice, they look excellent :)

Nem

Nem

Associate
OP
amazing build mate, absolutely stunning
sorry to be a pain, but can you list how many fittings you used? and say the outer diameter of your tubing?
I'm basically building the exact same system, although I may go with the 5970
also, what monitors are you looking to run on that bad boy?

Used 4 straight fittings, 2 on the radiator in and out and 2 on the pump in and out (using the dtek modified pump top tho). Then the rest were the 45 deg angle fittings, 6 in total, 2 cpu block, 2 gfx block and 2 on the res.

It's all using the 1/2" tygon tubing.

Cheers everyone!

Associate
Used 4 straight fittings, 2 on the radiator in and out and 2 on the pump in and out (using the dtek modified pump top tho). Then the rest were the 45 deg angle fittings, 6 in total, 2 cpu block, 2 gfx block and 2 on the res.

It's all using the 1/2" tygon tubing.

Cheers everyone!

Thanks a lot mate
what do you mean by d'tek modified pump? I saw the pictures but I thought you were using the mcp655?
so the outside diameter on your fittings is 3/4''?

sorry to be asking so many questions, but your system is just spectacular

Back
Top Bottom