Project: Aquasidian (Corsair 800D)

Associate
Nem,
Do you recon you could get some pics of how you mounted the lian drive covers?.. thats a fantastic mod..
How did you set the optical drive back on the mounts?

regards
Callum

Caporegime
Beautiful build mate.

I'm defiantly tempted to steal this design if i ever get enough money to do a new build +WC in the future :p

Nem

Nem

Associate
OP
awesome build, can i ask what cathode lights you used in your build and where you got them? thanks!

They are just normal 10cm white ones. Were from a German site, mainly as I was ordering the GFX card water block from them before it was in stock in the uk, so added a few other items to come at the same time.

Nem,
Do you recon you could get some pics of how you mounted the lian drive covers?.. thats a fantastic mod..
How did you set the optical drive back on the mounts?

regards
Callum

Yeah no problem. Give me a day or two to get some picture sorted out. It's very simple in reality tho, just need a dremel or similar to trim the bezel mounting down either side and then I've used some thick and permanent double sided tape to mount them in the right place.

the optical drives are not actually secured very well yet. The lower one is quite a tight fit anyway, and with the coat of paint on them from when I sprayed them black it's pretty much staying on one place. The upper one I've just put a couple of bits of tape at the front to make it stay forward. I just have to remember to press the button gently :)

Nick

Nem

Nem

Associate
OP
Well the dust filters arrived so I spent the whole of yesterday evening blowing the entire case out. Used pretty much a whole can of compressed air while holding the vaccum cleaner hose close to try and drag as much of the dust out as I could. Pretty amazing how much had built up in only a month or two.

I've also replaced the ram cooler with a Zalman offering, it's one of the dual fan units like the new corsair ones, but is titanium in colour to matches the heatsinks on the Rampage board perfectly. Really happy with the result now, the original ram cooler just didn't seem to fit the look and stood out too much for my liking.

So, if I get time this weekend I'll get some pics taken, and a quick guide on the Lian Li dvd bezel covers also.

Associate
I must say you done a bloody good job on this build ! Very very impressed with it .... looks amazing ! The blue looks ace ..... you have also given me some ideas on how to clean my pc with the sleeves ! Cheers for sharing this great pc with us.

Associate
Nem I wonder if you could tell me how you have your fans configured on your radiator in the roof please.

I am assuming you are only using the 3 that are on the bottom of the rad. Are they pushing or pulling?

I have some 120mm dust filters at hand and as you mention dust in an earlier post I am very tempted in fitting them. However I cant seem to decide whats best, do I pull/push air from the outside into the case hence the need for filters or do I pull/push air out which I would have thought wouldnt really need the filters.

Nem

Nem

Associate
OP
Quick dirty pic of the update with the ram cooler :)

57.jpg

Last edited:

Nem

Nem

Associate
OP
Nem I wonder if you could tell me how you have your fans configured on your radiator in the roof please.

I am assuming you are only using the 3 that are on the bottom of the rad. Are they pushing or pulling?

I have some 120mm dust filters at hand and as you mention dust in an earlier post I am very tempted in fitting them. However I cant seem to decide whats best, do I pull/push air from the outside into the case hence the need for filters or do I pull/push air out which I would have thought wouldnt really need the filters.

There are the 3x 120mm 1850rpm Gentle Typhoons underneath the raditaor pulling air in from the outside, hence why I needed the dust filters on them. Then the 140mm xigmatek one on the case rear pushing out. Also the 140mm stock corsair fan on the midle case floor pushing up as standard.

Nick

Associate
Nice cooler, is it quieter than the corsair?
Do i spy a scratch on your new window???!

(my Lian bezels showed up now, so if you get time to take some snaps it would be greatly appreciated)

Nem

Nem

Associate
OP
Nice cooler, is it quieter than the corsair?
Do i spy a scratch on your new window???!

(my Lian bezels showed up now, so if you get time to take some snaps it would be greatly appreciated)

Probably about the same noise level, it does come with an add on cable to make it quieter if you need it, but it would be difficult to braid the cable with it on :)

There isn't a scratch thankfully, just reflections in the window I think.

I'll try and get a couple of pics for you soon yeah.

Back
Top Bottom