Project car boot

Hey G-Dubs. Great looking build, been following it closely as I'm gonna be trying something kinda similar in a little while. Keep up the good work!

p.s. In answer to your question, RM are a company who provide computers for schools, usually primary/secondary.

Sorry for the lack of activity recently, we had guests over at the weekend and work has been a bit hectic.

I've started fabricating a small piece to cover over an area at the top of the insde of the case, in front of the psu and behind the drive bays as i'm using the original psu from this case and it's not modualr this is the area where the vipers nest of wires will be and although when the side is on they won't be visible I don't really want them visible at all.

Also trying to find time to re wire all my fans as they will all need to be longer to reach the fan controller.

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, Work has been hectic and well if i'm honest it's been too sunny to get stuck in a garage painting and chopping holes in stuff.

Well things are finally starting to come together and i've now reached that point where I get to realise the visualisation I had in my head when I started.

Finally worked out how to secure the mesh to the front panel, and tyo the inside of the door. (the other reason for lack of activiity)

The paint job looks a bit uneven on the photos but this is actually down to the light and reflections as it is all uniform on the case itself.

cheers guys

got a bit of work to do to tidy up the top end of the mesh. probably need to cut it back some more and use the edge trim as for the sides. also need to paint areas of the mesh as when its bent the coating on it comes off.

simply amazing what you have done here, beaner to beauty. I think you should start a show/business called "pimp my case" as we have this show here in usa called pimp my ride where they take a beater and snazz it up.

Didn't think orange would look that great, but you have really pulled it off! How many coats in total were applied to the main case? Cracking paint job! :)

How did I miss this o_O, it's awesome :).
Nice one G-Dubs :), a bold move cutting the entire front out :D & Well done on fixing the cut, the switch panel is awesome :), you've transformed the case into something great, keep it up bud :), really does look rather kick a$$ :D, you have modding talent m8 :), have 5 stars :D.

One kinda major thing I noticed is where are the front fan mounting holes? or are the fans mounted to an interior panel to keep it clean looking?.

Fan mounting holes?????? Oh Crap!!!

Why didn't someone else tell me earlier

You're right, they're going to be internally mounted so as not to spoil the line.

(least they are now)

Having a bit of a dilema at present as to whether to mount the internal HDD cage as it will be visible behind the front fan, or whether to leave it out (after all i'm only putting in the lappy HDD which won't fit in it any way. Won't be a problem to leave the HDD rack out but means I won't be able to add full size HDD at later date should I choose to.

What do you guys think??

Last edited:
Fan mounting holes?????? Oh Crap!!!

Why didn't someone else tell me earlier

You're right, they're going to be internally mounted so as not to spoil the line.

(least they are now)

Having a bit of a dilema at present as to whether to mount the internal HDD cage as it will be visible behind the front fan, or whether to leave it out (after all i'm only putting in the lappy HDD which won't fit in it any way. Won't be a problem to leave the HDD rack out but means I won't be able to add full size HDD at later date should I choose to.

What do you guys think??

Hope you were joking about unintentionally missing the fan mount holes, if so it made me lol :D, if not, Doh!, but then again that could start a trend for making a case look even cooler & easier for maintenance :cool: so would be one of those great accidents :D.

Really depends on if you want or need the hdd upgradability, personally I wouldn't do a case without room for at least 2 hdd, but thats probably just me, I like to keep my hdd's assigned for different tasks (os, games, media, backup, temp) etc. But if you can get by with just the 1 hdd then why not stick with it ;).

Back
Top Bottom