Project Cobra/Sharks mouth

haha, didn't think that heatsink would actually fit in this.
But damn thats a high spec pc for such a low profile case.
I'd add another 120mm fan on the other side of that heatsink, should make a big differnce.

Not sure what you mea by low profile?

I've always thought this case was more "in your face" than "low profile"

As I've mentioned in the thread, I was originally going to use a smaller htpc style cooler as i've used one before with this case on a Q6600 build. problem was I couldn't find one that came with i7 compatability.

You really don't need the big cooler in this case as the top down air flow of the bigboy fan keeps everything really cool.

ya, it's pritty in your face.
And that heatsink, adds even more in your face.

In this context of low profile: I just ment it blends in more HTPC style.
So doesnt seems like a pc in the living room kinda thing.
If you get me.
Still waiting for the finised project hehe.

Apologies for the lack of activity on this project. Work has a habit of getting in the way of life.

Anyway a couple of bank holidays and a week of work have enabled me to really crack on.

Warmer waether has enabled me to finnish all the painting.

The blades and cowling for the hard drive cooling fan.

Photo0923.jpg

Photo0937.jpg

Photo0927.jpg

Main cowling/fan and front panel

Photo0932.jpg

Photo0925.jpg

Photo0936.jpg

Front panel all wired up.

20100502_006.jpg

20100502_008.jpg

And attached to cowling

20100502_011.jpg

Bit more work done and a few more pics

Many thanks for the comments guys.

I decided to do another switch box mod of an old CD ROM drive as I did on my last mod as I thought it suited the Military theme even more.

The covers look a bit pink on the images but they're actually guards red. Let me know what you think.

20100501_007.jpg

20100501_010.jpg

20100503_012.jpg

20100503_017.jpg

20100503_025.jpg

Have encountered a major problem.

As per the title the original idea was to put a sharks mouth on the cowling. However having done a few dry runs using layers of masking tape it turned out to be a bit of a dead end as it was just too tricky. I then bought some vinly stickers from a site aimed at RC aircraft but they also were a no go as could not be altered to fit the cowling. To be honest i'm quite happy with how it's turned out and a little bit of me thinks that the sharks mouth would probably look a little naf any way.

Win some...
Lose some...

I think the colour scheme is spot on with this build, after going through the thread i was interested in what you were achieving, then bam! the colour hit and i was like ' damn that's sweet '

good job

Back
Top Bottom