Project Cobra/Sharks mouth

Thanks for the support guys

A bit more activity and a few more photos.

I'm using the Skeleton mesh kit for this build. Antec have released this product in response to the comments that the open nature of the case makes it less than ideal if you have kids with prying fingers or inquisitive pets. From an asthetic point of view I think it actually looks good also.

However the mesh kit is designed to totaly encase the open areas of the case and as such needs a bit of trimming to suit my needs.

So out with the dremmel to cut of the two bits at the rear that would interfere with the cooler etc.

20100503_007.jpg

20100503_009.jpg

I've not gone the whole hog with re braiding all the PSU cables for this build as I intend to use the PSU for another project and as it is the black braiding suited this job just fine.

What I did want to do was tidy up the end of the 24 pin cable so as to hide the rainbow of smaller cables emerging from the braid. For this I used self amalgamating tape. Not as neat as heatshrink but does the job without having to take the connector apart

20100503_037.jpg

20100503_038.jpg

20100503_039.jpg

I like the white coils around the cables, it sets it off well, i was working on a similar idea for mine with some 3 core cable for effect.

good job, nice and tidy :D

Bit of a problem with the teeth as I mentioned a while back. I just can't get it to work either with spraying or some graphics I've bought.

I'm toying with the idea of some mil style lettering on the main side mesh panel, sprayed on in white using a mil type font. Probably something along the lines of "AH-1"

Have also toyed with the idea of something simple relating to BFBC2 or CODMW2

open to suggestions.

yeah thought about that but wanted something that perhaps took its influences from things like the Huey, Huey cobra, Vietnam, gunship, etc.

or maybe something relevant to a current shooter title.

For the Vietnam theme you need the teeth really otherwise its just going to be another modern warfare lookalike.. you need to make it a bit special to really stand out.. well IMHO :)

At the moment it looks a bit more HALO than what was originally intended, but I still think it looks amazing :)

Last edited:
Exactly that sort of thing.

Free hand painting is out due to the skill required (i'm no artist)

cutting and masking was the original plan, but proved far to complex as the multiple layers involved to get the coulours seerated was too much for even modelling grade masking tape.

the final option was the purchase of vinyl stickers, which I thought would be a goer but as the stickers were desidned to meet at an opening (intake on front of aircraft) the two halves did not match up at the front of the skelly cowling, even after a bit of judicious trimming.

I would still love to be able to incorperate this theme into the build, and am open to suggestions as to how, or what else to go for.

20100514_006.jpg

a10ata_8.jpg

DSC_6955.jpg

Back
Top Bottom