Project Parvum s2.0 : DrakanX1

Associate
OP
I was tinkering with my Parvum last night and thought tinting the acrylic side panel would look good!

Hadn't even thought of using car tint! Yours looks brilliant!

cheers mate,yes its easy to do but what I will say is don't get a cheap one , I paid about £7 for a 3 metre roll in 35% tint, only took about 5 mins to do aswell.:) I booted her up this morning with no probs and done a bios update, as still waiting for some more parts.

Associate
OP
I wish I went for one of these !!! Oh well My 540 Is perfect, but next time I shall be reading the dimensions lol

there a great case, the Parvum boys are always happy to help if you want extra's done with the case, you don't get that from anyone else, cant recommend them enough.:D

Associate
OP
update

more parts arrived. :D

535ymw.jpg

quick pic from me mobile with the uv LEDs installed, gives a nice look with the tinted window.

2z4dz5s.jpg

will do some decent pics tomorrow when i have some more bits arriving.:D

Associate
OP
just a quick report, system all up and running with no problems,idle temps of 21 to 25 on the h100i with load temps of 51, seems ive been told I have a good cpu as done a mild overclock to 4.2ghz with a voltage of 1.150, have taken some new pics of system of which I will post later, so far im really happy.:)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Build is looking fantastic! Glad you're all up an running (with some pretty nice temps too).

thanks, ive just got a stable oc to 4.4 @ 1.195v , this build has been a good learning curve, just need to save for a graphic card now which I hope to get in the next week, still unsure to go for a gtx780 or gtx780ti as im thinking gtx780 then next year the gtx 800. :)

Last edited:
Associate
thanks, ive just got a stable oc to 4.4 @ 1.175v , this build has been a good learning curve, just need to save for a graphic card now which I hope to get in the next week, still unsure to go for a gtx780 or gtx780ti as im thinking gtx780 then next year the gtx 800. :)
As you're at 1080p I'd stick with the 780 or a 290, should have more than enough grunt. :D

Soldato
I wish I went for one of these !!! Oh well My 540 Is perfect, but next time I shall be reading the dimensions lol

The Carbide > Parvum IMHO. Although the latter has been made to look very sexy in these builds. Parvums are for people who get their own backplates made to remind them of their name

Associate
OP
update

Ok been having a play with overclocking and have managed a 4.6oc @ 1.245, temps idle @ 24 and under load 68, ran prim95 and occt and have had no problems, the msi z87m is a great board, just need me graphic card now which im waiting on, then gonna start getting some water cooling bits, took some pics of rig with the uv lights on and the rather messy back of case, i just cant seem to make the cable management look neat:(

2n8apdz.jpg

x203lu.jpg

2s1kqpi.jpg

auid0.jpg

20k2all.jpg

also i must say the enermax fans are great and very quiet.:)

noj

noj

Associate
really nice looking build.

the only thing for me is the lighting colour, it makes things look purple to me and I loved the clean white & red lines of it.

Beyond that its a heck of a build and I'd be dead chuffed to have that on my desk. well done with it :)

Associate
OP
really nice looking build.

the only thing for me is the lighting colour, it makes things look purple to me and I loved the clean white & red lines of it.

Beyond that its a heck of a build and I'd be dead chuffed to have that on my desk. well done with it :)

yes i know what you mean about the colour, its more of a blue but it is uv lights so gonna have that bit of purple look, im still not sure i like it, and will prob get some red or white ones but not sure yet, but it looks great behind the tinted window. :D

Associate
Great looking build! How does the window tint look in real life? The first pics of it, it looks like you can see the scrap marks where you smoothed it out. Are they visible irl? I'm sure you've looked at a smoked acrylic panel instead?

Also your sleeving turned out great! Is that red sleeving "Red" or "Colour X?"

Associate
OP
Great looking build! How does the window tint look in real life? The first pics of it, it looks like you can see the scrap marks where you smoothed it out. Are they visible irl? I'm sure you've looked at a smoked acrylic panel instead?

Also your sleeving turned out great! Is that red sleeving "Red" or "Colour X?"

thanks mate, yes the tint came out great, no scrape marks it was where it was laid flat and there was water under the acrylic, once dried its fine, but yes looked at a smoked acrylic panel but would need to get it cut, the parvum boys are sorting one out for me now anyway, but the tint film is good stuff, yes the sleeving came out better than i thought for my first time having a go at it, and its MDPC red its easy to work with but it takes time to cut wire , crimp, then cut each braid to each wire and melt on the crimp but its worth it.:D

Associate
OP
Definitely worth it, the build looks great, can't wait to see if finished!

ive still to get a graphic card then will be getting bits for a full water loop, so hope to get that done in a month or two, but im still deciding which parts to get, but thanks for the nice comments regarding the build.:D

Back
Top Bottom