PS(PC)VR 2, anyone interested?

On the plus side the games should generally be of much higher quality.

Also, don’t forget if you buy physical you can resell to offset the cost. Plus there are mail order games rental services for playstation.

When you factor those in I actually find console gaming generally cheaper than buying newer games via steam/etc on pc.
Yeah I guess resale is a thing, plus didn't know there was still rental services so thanks! Had just assumed they had all disappeared these days!

Yeah I guess resale is a thing, plus didn't know there was still rental services so thanks! Had just assumed they had all disappeared these days!

Still going thankfully!

Ok, the PSVR 2 just got a release date and price.

It's coming on February 22nd next year and it's priced at $550. I don't know what that will come to in UK money, maybe £499 or would it be £549?

Well I guess it won't be competing with other headsets with that release date, they must have been pushing for a dec 22 release you'd have thought. That's a hefty price tag though, with the q2 and pico 4, and with the q3 likely coming in 2023 as well (albeit much later), it doesn't look like a likely system seller to me, more something to be added onto those who already have a ps5, but who knows.

I've not paid for a console game in a long time, are their exclusives etc still crazy expensive?

I think they are releasing it earlier than I thought. By the way things were going, I was expecting it to be pushed back to the second quarter.

As for the price, well, I got that roughly right. Here is my quote from April.
If the specs are true, I can't see how it would be that price. 120hz OLED panels are very expensive to get right. I think it will be £499 and even at that they will be selling at a loss.

Others were saying £400 max. But I never imagined it would be that cheap. In fact, my £499 estimate was me been optimistic. I am guessing that Sony is taking a massive hit on each of these headsets.

@2:52 'wand / women toy things'
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

All in for a grand then, what i thought it'd be.

That's more than decent for the top line of what VR gaming has to offer. With just using RE8 as an example, you aren't running that at the equivalent graphical setting on a PC, that'll set you back at least near double in price. Then the cost of a HMD on top.

The possibilities with the haptics are what enthuses me about the device the most, i'll be buying on that mainly. Naturally it wouldn't do them any harm to announce GT7 between now and then:)

The possibilities with the haptics are what enthuses me about the device the most, i'll be buying on that mainly. Naturally it wouldn't do them any harm to announce GT7 between now and then:)

I'm OK with the price personally though it is expensive enough I worry it may put off more casual players. To be fair though even back in 2016 PSVR was £350 plus it needed the camera and move controllers so you were pretty much £500 if you wanted the complete VR setup.

Agree it really needs some killer apps to draw in consumers. A fully featured Gran Turismo VR version would go a long way towards making it a must buy for mainstream consumers. I don't have a gaming PC so looking forward to trying out some of the high end PC titles like Half Life, Fallout 4, etc we haven't seen on PSVR or Quest. Excited for the new Firewall: Zero Hour sequel as well. That should be amazing with better tracking, motion controls and higher fidelity visuals.

Day one pre-order for me! :D

Last edited:
Connection using USBC, that's not good.
Making up for that, the eye tracking could be rather good in say MS FS2020, if the unit was PC compatible.

I'm OK with the price personally though it is expensive enough I worry it may put off more casual players. To be fair though even back in 2016 PSVR was £350 plus it needed the camera and move controllers so you were pretty much £500 if you wanted the complete VR setup.

Agree it really needs some killer apps to draw in consumers. A fully featured Gran Turismo VR version would go a long way towards making it a must buy for mainstream consumers. I don't have a gaming PC so looking forward to trying out some of the high end PC titles like Half Life, Fallout 4, etc we haven't seen on PSVR or Quest. Excited for the new Firewall: Zero Hour sequel as well. That should be amazing with better tracking, motion controls and higher fidelity visuals.

Day one pre-order for me! :D

I have to wait and see how tracking works before I order. I enjoyed PSVR1 when it worked... the issue I have is my play space is much smaller than recommended and with psvr1 I frequently had tracking issue - I could never play any games that required standing or moving around, I could only play games seated and even then I'd have issues with hands getting out of the play area box.

I hope inside out tracking means with psvr2 it's usable in very small play areas

Registered interest for it, but I am unsure if I'll have cash to pre-order on 15th, assuming Sony will take money on pre-order.

Registered my intrest and already got an email saying I've been accepted with a link to click on pre order day

I didn’t get a link after registering. Not sure what criteria they use to select but I’ve got a PS5 digital and spent a fortune in the ps store on games.

Damn this was fast, didn't expect this sort of spec so soon, $550 considering the specs really puts the likes of Meta, the Vive and Valve to shame, foveated rendering with eye tracking and 2k per eye is pretty insane.

Damn this was fast, didn't expect this sort of spec so soon, $550 considering the specs really puts the likes of Meta, the Vive and Valve to shame, foveated rendering with eye tracking and 2k per eye is pretty insane.

+ the 500 squid box to run it.... not cheap.

Back
Top Bottom