PS(PC)VR 2, anyone interested?

i've been told elsewhere that the bandwidth of psvr2 usb cable is 10gb/sec whereas the quest 2's is 500mb/sec.
its been a while but iirc my quest 2 connects at around 1.4gb/sec... Best improvement oculus could make would be to have a DP on it and solve its biggest issue imo

i've been told elsewhere that the bandwidth of psvr2 usb cable is 10gb/sec whereas the quest 2's is 500mb/sec.
I specifically didn't mention the Q2 as the PCVR signal is encoded in the PC and the headset does the de-encoding. I don' t believe this is the case with dedicated PCVR headsets.

The bandwidth of USB C is 10Gb/sec. The Official Quest 2 cable and the PSVR2 cable will have the same bandwidth. However, the amount of data sent across the cable in the Quest 2 will be limited by the decoder/encoder. I believe that you can set the bitrate at over 900Mb/s before it starts to give problems.

+1 I’ve found PC VR to be an total headache to get working reliably. Endless issues with headset compatibility, game crashes, disconnects, controller setup and tweaking graphics settings get decent performance.

Quest 2 and PSVR are so much more convenient. Hyped for PSVR 2 so I’ll be grabbing it day one!
Yeah.

I've had an Index and Quest on PC and sadly spent too much time tinkering, not enough time playing.

PSVR 2 isn't backwards compatible with the original PSVR. :eek:

Bit of a misstep there from Sony.

Hopefully if a PSVR2 version of a PSVR title is released then original owners will get it free or at a discount.

Yeah.

I've had an Index and Quest on PC and sadly spent too much time tinkering, not enough time playing.

Pc vr is in the same space where peripherals and controllers were on PC 20 years ago, where you'd buy a peripheral and have no idea if it's going to work or how well it will work and how much you'd need to fix it. Using VR on PC is like installing Windows 95, buying a 3rd party proprietary flight stick and trying to play flight simulator.

VR on PlayStation is so much simpler, you plug it in, takes less than 5 minutes to setup and that's it, it just works and keeps working, no tweaks required, no errors, crashes and issues

Last edited:
Pc vr is in the same space where peripherals and controllers were on PC 20 years ago, where you'd buy a peripheral and have no idea if it's going to work or how well it will work and how much you'd need to fix it.
this has not been my experience.

I have had a rift CV1 and now have a quest 2 and reverbG2 (I also had a DK2 , I won't lie that gave me issues , as did the CV1 touch controllers when they 1st launched) but that was 7 years+ ago and it was new then.

I have friends with indexes and vives ..... they all work fine in steamVR. don't get me wrong I am not that much of a fan of steamvr it is very inefficient. openXR / open composite is so much better and that does take a bit of work

but steamvr just works on pc IME.

that said ..... am in interested in getting PSVR2? after seeing horizon ZD yes I am v tempted but will probably pass

Last edited:
I wonder if TPCast are looking into a wireless solution for the PSVR2 like they did with the Oculus Rift and Vive headsets.

The old kits are now EOL and no-one sells it new. So, I don't believe any competitor rules will be broken linking to an EOL piece of hardware. If so mods please fill yer boots and delete it.

Linky to ancient EOL hardware. definitely not scram, skim, scum or anything like that

https://www.**********/products/tpcast-ce-02h-wireless-adapter-for-oculus-rift-headset-provides-360-degree-freedom-of-movement-for-u

Last edited:
have you tried VR yet? there is already so much good stuff even now and it isn't all about the visuals (tho I must admit horizons ZD looks incredible)

I've had a shot on a few small games but I think once vr is adopted by a console then developers will really be able to push the budget and the potential knowing they might get a bigger audience.

I've had a shot on a few small games but I think once vr is adopted by a console then developers will really be able to push the budget and the potential knowing they might get a bigger audience.
console adoption will help...... but hopefully won't just be another walled garden. at least with oculus there was ReVive.

in the mean time if you can, give elite dangerous, dirt rally 2, pCARS2, MSFS 20202 and Half Life Alyx a go.

Last edited:
Defo interested especially with the Horizon game, problem is games will be expensive compared to PCVR :(
On the plus side the games should generally be of much higher quality.

Also, don’t forget if you buy physical you can resell to offset the cost. Plus there are mail order games rental services for playstation.

When you factor those in I actually find console gaming generally cheaper than buying newer games via steam/etc on pc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom