PS(PC)VR 2, anyone interested?

No built in audio?! Even speakers like the Quest would have been acceptable.

Having to use separate headphones/earbuds adds to the friction.

It's just typical Sony they want you to buy one of their wireless headphones

Doesn't matter for me though I just use my home theatre system for sound anyway and it works fine as I play all vr games seated and not walking around

Last edited:

Doesn't matter for me though I just use my home theatre system for sound anyway and it works fine as I play all vr games seated and not walking around

That might not work, as VR sound is spatial and tied to the headset location and rotation. It may not have been an issue with the front facing PSVR1 but the PSVR2 is designed so you can turn around and still track the headset and controllers.

Seems like Nathie was generally impressed with PSVR2 but disappointing to hear he thought the fresnel lenses weren’t up to par with some other recent headsets.

I had wondered how well frenal lenses work with eye tracked foveated rendering. Even if the graphics are sharpened, the lenses are still going to be impacting the quality of what you see.

Really pumper for GT7 now it's confirmed full game. Couldn't care less about that Horizon Zero game though, the 2nd game makes me want to forget it ever existed.

It comes with earphones. A decent headset is going to provide a much better experience though.

Isn't Pavlov quite a visually simple game? If I recall correctly? Might just be the simple optimizations of PS5 makes it easier to run something simple?

If that's not the case, it's impressive, and either a really impressive aspect of the PS5, or a great thumbs up for what ETFR can achieve!

Isn't Pavlov quite a visually simple game? If I recall correctly? Might just be the simple optimizations of PS5 makes it easier to run something simple?

If that's not the case, it's impressive, and either a really impressive aspect of the PS5, or a great thumbs up for what ETFR can achieve!
Looks basic on Quest, PCVR was better iIRC.

After the fall will be a good test for PSVR2. Always ran a bit poorly with 3090 in my opinion. Only a 4090 made it run properly smooth

Back
Top Bottom