PS(PC)VR 2, anyone interested?

For those who wish the headset had built in speakers and don't want to use headphones, Sony is working on wireless earbuds for the ps5/psvr2. Not sure when they'll be released but in hindsight it would have been nice to have them ready now

Last edited:
I’d have preferred to see Sony just build a set of speakers into the headset like oculus/meta did with the Quest !

Is so much more convenient and safer when you’re walking about as you can still hear things going on around you.

Last edited:
That is awesome news! I was hoping for this, I'd like to earn trophies etc.

Only downside is the tether which was annoying when playing on my Index as unlike other games you have to physically move and turn in Walkabout. I had to keep untangling and repositioning the cable.

Last edited:
Only downside is the tether which was annoying when playing on my Index as unlike other games you have to physically move and turn in Walkabout. I had to keep untangling and repositioning the cable.
Yeah I did find that on Monday, as I had to have my Quest plugged in because of low bat. Part of me prefers a tether, otherwise I tend to get carried away and bump into things.

That might not work, as VR sound is spatial and tied to the headset location and rotation. It may not have been an issue with the front facing PSVR1 but the PSVR2 is designed so you can turn around and still track the headset and controllers.

Yeah good point. I do tend to only play vr games where I can sit down though and not having to stand or walk around

Looking good. Seen mention that it loses tracking once out of camera range, and doesn't regain until returned? Does that mean there's no gyros in the controllers to try and at least guess what you're doing? 4-5 hour battery life without swappable batteries.

He mentioned 8 hour playthrough for Horizon call of the mountain, sounds like it was completed in that time too. Not really short, but at the same time, not a long experience either?

Does look like a great system. If you have a PS5 then getting this is a no-brainer.

Call Of Mountain seems to be more of a long tech demo than a full game though.

I've got it on pre-order, but the points made in reviews are strongly making me reconsider.

Tech looks brilliant, but when i used to own a Quest 2, I really enjoyed all the non-game apps that I could use, like the on-rails experiences and discovering things like museums and historical places, which unfortunately doesn't look like the PSVR offers.

That, along with only having 3-4 launch games that would interest me, bringing the total price up to around £650, makes me debate whether its worth waiting a while to get it used, or when a larger catalogue is announced.

It does sound good, but, none of the reviews that I have seen make me want to go out and switch from my Quest 2.

I don't have a PS5 so I would need to spend over a grand have a PSVR 2. And if I did have that sort of money, I think I would buy the Quest Pro.

However, If I had a PS5, I am still not sure I would get the PSVR2. There is no wireless option. Even when I play a slow, leisurely game like Walkabout Golf and have to use the cable, it annoys me. I just could not go back to playing room scale games with a cable attached.

Looking good. Seen mention that it loses tracking once out of camera range, and doesn't regain until returned? Does that mean there's no gyros in the controllers to try and at least guess what you're doing?

Don't think the controllers would work at all without IMUs. We need the external sensors/cameras to correct drift. I would say the problem is Sony's prediction algorithm needs work and it will improve the tracking in time when it gets more data.

Back
Top Bottom