Psymonkee is getting thinner....

Soldato
OP
Morning lifting before a crummy backshift done! Stronglifts B (week 2, day 3):

Squats @ 32.5 - all good!
OHP @ 25 - bit tougher than I remember, I see a stall coming sooner than I thought!
Deadlifts @ 50 - much better now that I'm onto a bigger plate!

A weekend at Knockhill and back to it on Monday :)

Soldato
OP
Rather tired tonight so just got on with it :p

Squats @ 35 - a little slower than I would have liked (maybe not a bad thing?) but the weight went up fine so I still win! :D
Bench @ 27.5 - no issues!
BOR @ 27.5 - no issues!

Soldato
OP
Cheers!

Today I dragged myself out of bed early (for me :p) just before 9 to see my mum off to the hospital and decided to get my lifting out of the way early :)

Squats @ 37.5 - felt alright, still a little sore from Monday.
OHP @ 27.5 - Started off OK but feels like I'm leaning back loads - needs more work on the form but the weight went up without any use of legs or what not so I can't complain too much!
Deadlift @ 55 - started off a bit shakey - lost my balance on the first rep somehow so started again. Seemed ok, glad I'm wearing joggers to protect my legs :D

I suppose I should do breakfast now but getting slightly bored of the low carb stuff....

Soldato
OP
Rather later night than I planned has led to a late morning and cutting the weights fine before heading to work! That said:

Squats @ 40
Bench @ 30
BOR @ 30

All went OK, slight twinge in my left knee on one set of squats but it didn't come back.

Soldato
OP
Didn't want to work out today, did anyway :D

Squats @ 42.5 - the weight went up OK but starting to get some pains in my right knee (the weak one that doctors say there is nothing wrong with...)
OHP @ 30 - This went better than I though. Felt good. Still not 100% sure of my form but possibly over analyzing how far I lean back.
Deadlift @ 60 - These went fine. If anything a little too easy..

Soldato
OP
Couldn't tell you - its the one thing I do need to do more of actually.

The knee pain is over a decade old though and I was told I had PFPS - I still say there is something wrong with my knee but the docs disagree :/

Man of Honour
Couldn't tell you - its the one thing I do need to do more of actually.

The knee pain is over a decade old though and I was told I had PFPS - I still say there is something wrong with my knee but the docs disagree :/

Probably because the best available answer to patello-femoral pain syndrone is... better mobility and strength training. :)

Soldato
OP
Fair enough :)

No workout today as I have had the worst time the last 36 hours or so - feeling sick whilst having the runs and so forth. Not a good time to be lifting, even less so on 4 hours sleep.

Also at the doctors today for what appears to be a cellulitis infection in my left leg (shin) so YAY Flucloxacillin for a week as well.

Fingers crossed I get it done tomorrow after work instead :)

Soldato
OP
Don't worry, I'm not dead. Yet.

Still having something of an infection in my shin and the skin feels rather burny and a bit tight which makes much more than walking around painful. Antibiotics finished but still not 'fixed' so I shall be seeking proper medical advice before continuing :(

Currently 1 week wait to get an appointment :/

Soldato
OP
Appointment got cancelled and the new earliest date I can be seen is Monday week! (29th or 10 DAYS away!)

Unimpressed.

Currently hurts to squat, feel rubbish not doing something :(

Back
Top Bottom