• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PUBLIC FORUM DEAL - SAPPHIRE 6700 XT NITRO ONLY £529.99 with VOUCHER CODE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
It's a shame it got leaked out. I appreciate you guys trying as getting a graphics card over the past few weeks has been tough but luckily I was able to put an order through. Thank You! :) Fingers crossed it arrives safely. As you can see I only just joined the forum, so any MM offers will not be open to me.

Soldato
The cancelled ones, their listings disappear pretty quick. The Ebay one just messaged me back saying he's getting his tomorrow still, don't think he's got his cancellation email yet :D lol.

Associate
so how does this stop anyone? listings already on ebay clearly from this stock and all asking over £800 so how many forum members have been banned.. let me guess zero because nobody knows who they are, and how can you prove they are using them for gaming?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Out of interest, did you oversell at all? I assume you didn't end up with another 3080 situation?
Nope.

As I've said before, the problems that we have with overselling are due to the delayed communication between the website and our internal software. The vouchers are counted website side so, no matter how long it takes for our system to answer back, the website shouldn't allow more than we want it to.

Thankfully the new website that we are working on should have website side stock allocation.

Soldato
Out of interest, did you oversell at all? I assume you didn't end up with another 3080 situation?

They've sussed that with the voucher codes I believe. The codes are limited to 200 uses, therefore they can only sell 200 at the promo price. All orders which don't use the code get cancelled.

Associate
Good idea, shame it gets leaked but it was always going to happen. Looks like a good number of people got one before it was leaked on discord.

Soldato
so how does this stop anyone? listings already on ebay clearly from this stock and all asking over £800 so how many forum members have been banned.. let me guess zero because nobody knows who they are, and how can you prove they are using them for gaming?

Are you reading? Quite a few have had their orders cancelled, and if they have accounts here, closed (and I believe can no longer order from OCUK).

And, now it's going to go back to private forums only, so even harder for scalpers.

Associate
Ive been waiting for a gfx card to pop up for ages. I think i snagged one when the codes when live. Ive just spec'd up and ordered a full Ryzen 5800 system as well.

Thank you very much, hopefully my wife wont destroy me too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom