Quake champions

Soldato
QC not coping well with high dpi and the sensitivity slider.

I use 800dpi and 0.55

Are you a high or low sens player?

Generally you need a balance between mouse flicking to targets and being smooth with weapons like lightning gun.

Im a lower sens player. Traditionally have used accell to help but QC has no accel options. There are 3rd party background programs that can apply accel if you want it.

Dropped to 0.48 and it's helped, feels about right. I find I do 'ok' in TDM and Deathmatch, doesn't seem too hard to keep to around 2.0 k/d but in duels I struggle. Players of QL/Q3 have the weapon switching down plus the rail accuracy. Rockets, to lightning to rail and I'm dead mid air :D It's really noticeable in duels those that have played for years. Kind of sorted out my fast movement, it's enough to get by. Compared to the old HL engine it actually seems easy.

Man of Honour
QC not coping well with high dpi and the sensitivity slider.

I use 800dpi and 0.55

Are you a high or low sens player?

Generally you need a balance between mouse flicking to targets and being smooth with weapons like lightning gun.

Im a lower sens player. Traditionally have used accell to help but QC has no accel options. There are 3rd party background programs that can apply accel if you want it.

QC doesn't seem to cope that well with any DPI - previous betas I was getting a fair bit of negative acceleration at times - this round they seem to have tried to offset it with the result I now get random burst of mouse acceleration - especially seems to happen just as I'm homing in on target with the LG or RG flicking me off target at the last moment :( and still odd bits of negative acceleration. Nothing like as consistent and linear as Quake 3/Live.

Dropped to 0.48 and it's helped, feels about right. I find I do 'ok' in TDM and Deathmatch, doesn't seem too hard to keep to around 2.0 k/d but in duels I struggle. Players of QL/Q3 have the weapon switching down plus the rail accuracy. Rockets, to lightning to rail and I'm dead mid air :D It's really noticeable in duels those that have played for years. Kind of sorted out my fast movement, it's enough to get by. Compared to the old HL engine it actually seems easy.

I'm not even touching duels at the moment - just not in the right mindset for it - I do well when I'm really focused but just run around a bit aimlessly otherwise and its too much effort to be fun to get into that level of focus.

Soldato

You might want to try binding RMB to jump rather than using space. Then use left shift as zoom.

In terms of weapon switching most players will bind weapons to keys. I use:

Space - LG
Q - RL
E - RG
R - GL (in Quake Live) not decided a weapon in QC yet
F - Champion ability

Do you have a mouse with extra buttons? My zowie has 2 which I bind to plasma and shotgun in Quake Live. Again im still experimenting with weapon binds for QC.

Duel is a totally different kettle of fish to anything else. Have to have superb resource control and a lot of experience really. Against new players its easy enough but against someone who knows what they are doing you will probably get stomped if you have not been a duel player before.

Soldato
played the beta couple weeks ago after someone giving away a code, havent played quake in years so im okay at it, but its good game for what it is and not trying to be the more typical shooters like cod etc, only annoying things is, the beta opened up yesterday, but having to download or whatever and going to take awhile i gave up. certainly a fun way to pass some time and a straight up shooter is a nice change.

V F

V F

Soldato
played the beta couple weeks ago after someone giving away a code, havent played quake in years so im okay at it, but its good game for what it is and not trying to be the more typical shooters like cod etc, only annoying things is, the beta opened up yesterday, but having to download or whatever and going to take awhile i gave up. certainly a fun way to pass some time and a straight up shooter is a nice change.

What I find strange in a good way is it feels like 1999 again but in a different way.

Soldato
What I find strange in a good way is it feels like 1999 again but in a different way.

yeah the nostalgia is strong with this one, just like unreal, pity they dont bring back unreal, was an awesome shooter and found it better than halo as far as space themed goes, this quake champ beta isnt perfect and some of the weapons seems nerfed over what they should technically do, but its still good.

Soldato
You might want to try binding RMB to jump rather than using space. Then use left shift as zoom.

In terms of weapon switching most players will bind weapons to keys. I use:

Space - LG
Q - RL
E - RG
R - GL (in Quake Live) not decided a weapon in QC yet
F - Champion ability

Do you have a mouse with extra buttons? My zowie has 2 which I bind to plasma and shotgun in Quake Live. Again im still experimenting with weapon binds for QC.

Duel is a totally different kettle of fish to anything else. Have to have superb resource control and a lot of experience really. Against new players its easy enough but against someone who knows what they are doing you will probably get stomped if you have not been a duel player before.

Jump change was the first thing I did, key binds more recently. Enjoying it regardless.

Soldato
yeah the nostalgia is strong with this one, just like unreal, pity they dont bring back unreal, was an awesome shooter and found it better than halo as far as space themed goes, this quake champ beta isnt perfect and some of the weapons seems nerfed over what they should technically do, but its still good.

You know there is an unreal game in the works? They have a playable alpha available. I tried it its pretty good.

Soldato
You know there is an unreal game in the works? They have a playable alpha available. I tried it its pretty good.

Nope I don't usually follow on sites where these sources come from, I either see an advertisement somewhere or read someone mentioning like you have done on here lol.

If there is a new unreal coming I hope they don't make it **** and go against the originality of it

V F

V F

Soldato
Is it just me or does Quake Champions sometimes feel like its part of the Paragon universe? Not saying its bad or good but the environment made me think of the feel but with fps style.

Man of Honour
Certainly some strong themes they both share.

I was thinking they are kind of missing out on capitalising on the champions aspect with some kind of mmo type gameplay.

Soldato
Is it just me or does Quake Champions sometimes feel like its part of the Paragon universe? Not saying its bad or good but the environment made me think of the feel but with fps style.

Did you really just put paragon shizzle in a Quake thread!?!?!?

G T F O!

But yeah I see what your saying :p

Man of Honour
Yeah - Clutch and Scalebearer, etc. have massive hit boxes while Nyx is ridiculously small and Anarki because of his pose with the board is really thin from one angle.

Trying to hit someone with rails is all over the place though - one match I'm hitting like 80+% without even trying just firing in the random direction gets a hit - the next I'm hitting maybe 10% even if I try with atleast half just going straight through the target.

Soldato
Unfortunately QC has been cracked and there are chams and an aimbot now available.

So those awesome plays may not be entirely genuine. Shame really. If nothing else it casts doubt on any good player and is insipid in its damage to server mindset.

Oh well. Hackers gonna hack.

Soldato
Nope. No anti cheat. And devs so not seem to be indicating whether there will be at all.

Cant help feeling that being a game where hacks give big advantages and with it being f2p it is going to make QC a hackers paradise.

If its anything like many other fps titles on PC the levels of blatant hacking will be monumental.

Man of Honour
It'll almost certainly have punkbuster on the backend once it goes out of beta. Being F2P though very easy for people to just create a new account once detected.

Back
Top Bottom