Quake champions

V F

V F

Soldato
They've got horrible testers for this game. Game stutters a lot, had my first crash (auto game crash reporter non MS popped up) while fighting. People with high pings, triple digits playing as if they've got 20 odd ping and no lag. Yet my 20 odd feels like 100 at times. This is worse than CBT12. Performance is worse as well. Frame rate keeps dropping into the 80s and 90s on Blood Covenant. It was pegged 125 with CBT12.

How does a game become worse on each update? The best was before the E3 update.

nQxie said:
Performance hasn't improved one bit for me :(

If anything I get more micro stutters, FPS are exactly the same as before.

Guess I didn't have any memory leak issues to begin with?

Jahimself said:
I can not see in the changelog:

-Price of weapons multiplied by 3

-Price of skins multipied by 6

New bug found:

-bug on champions animations where they seemed static while moving

-bug when you die, before respawn you see through wall for one second

Personnaly:
-stutter a bit reduced

-many weird animation when dying or killing someone

-Netcode still very poor

-Fov does not feel right

-Rockets also feels weird

-Graphically looks more pixelated

LeWiS_LeGiTT said:
Overall, pretty bad experience for me on this patch:

- Not as smooth as previous patch, lots of stuttering even tho my frames are capped (qclauncher need update maybe?!)

- My aim is completly ruined. I can't seem to find my perfect settings again so thank you for that. Who asked for yaw and pitch settings?! Where is mouse input raw?!

- Rocket Launcher is not fixed

- I thought stats would be untouched (?! whatever...)

But on the other side :

- I like the new interface a lot

- Finding a game is quick **!

- Sounds are good

- Servers show good ping

onlyiwillremain said:
Every time I open contacts list, the game crashes.

absoQL said:
- Enemy models are warping/stuttering worse than ever

- rockets are NOT fixed! Still 0 dmg direct rockets and now it feel like rockets have a slight delay again

- a lot more rails going through than before

- very easy to hit lg now compared to last version

- game crashes a lot

- announcer is horrible, cant hear him half of the time ingame

- lots of Sounds (jumppad etc) get just lost randomly

- how did nobody notice the sensitivity ******

Last edited:
Associate
I agree reference public games, the few times I play this I use a private discord channel to arrange games with other players. If I play pub games it's almost always new players very rarely are any regulars using that feature. It's a shame as I thought matchmaking would help newer players get into it more but it's not really working. This is for duel sorry, I don't play any other game mode.

V F

V F

Soldato
I don't know why but I seriously despise Anarki. Even before this patch. That and so many players are abusing him because he has such a small hit box since CBT13. Nearly every server it is Anarki and Slash players.

Man of Honour
Anarki is really narrow from some angles plus the GTFO and heal ability I've always hated the character though lol.

Goes down pretty hard if you can hit consecutive rails though - which can be a bit complicated with the dodgy hit reg.

V F

V F

Soldato
I did see in the Quake Champions Tournament numerous times that the rail went between Anarki's legs.

Soldato
Not sure I really like different hitbox physics. Probably wouldnt be as bad with rock solid and accurate netcode / hitreg but as it stands - its pretty rubbish. Given the player base I just cant see QC working. It shuns the largest player base going and Im not sure any mainstrea. game can survive on just PC player base alone.

On a side note, have any of you tried Lawbreakers yet? Its interesting.

V F

V F

Soldato
Yeah, the netcode is pretty screwed up. I can hit several players with rockets and splashdamage and it seems to take forever for them to die. If they haven't killed me by then. Yet I can be hit with one rocket with mega health at 150 health with armour and its an instant death. It is like what the hell... I've also revived myself with Anarki and instant death. Yet I've seen others do it and they survive.

I cannot workout how this game mechanics runs at times.

As for Law Breakers I have not tried it. I have a real soft spot for Quake. :(

I'm really waiting on Anthem though.

V F

V F

Soldato
Mmm, Quake Champions entering Steam soon.

Quake Champions is about to exit its Closed Beta phase and officially enter into Early Access on Steam and the Bethesda.net launcher. Starting on August 22, the game will receive a whole host of content, including new maps, features and a special new Champion: the mighty DOOM Slayer from the DOOM series.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/TjBBCfxxymoAECG06kwaq/quake-champions-early-access

About time, sick of people signing up with endless new aliases.

Back
Top Bottom