Quake champions

Man of Honour
I think the bigger problem is the dilution of players on the PC platform - on the consoles the active players are much more concentrated on the AAA titles while on the PC there are just so many to choose from and the lack of made to last actually hurts them as people quickly move to the next latest and greatest once they've pumped and dumped the main content.

Soldato
Im not sure its the dilution of player base more the lack of it. There are just as many titles on console really. Plenty of indy et al available these days. Tons and tons in fact.

Not a lot you cant get on console these days.

V F

V F

Soldato
Hmm...

2c93360a-6c40-4cd6-a5d5-d41f81a36673.jpg

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/117779/evidence-of-crosshairstyles-ranked-matches/2

Man of Honour
I've just specced myself a new PC and this is included with it. I played the early Quake games but out of the loop completely now on FPS in general. Are people enjoying it. Same feel as it used to have?

V F

V F

Soldato
I've just specced myself a new PC and this is included with it. I played the early Quake games but out of the loop completely now on FPS in general. Are people enjoying it. Same feel as it used to have?

It is fun even with the issues but it is Quake with hero abilities. Doom guy is a dodgy character at the moment due to his dodgy hitbox. Most people play him because he is the hardest to hit.

V F

V F

Soldato
Interesting.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202090595

17d27f05-6f87-4009-ad23-ef2c437fe868.jpg

From the dev stream 17-11-2017.

This is my braindump :)

December update:

1. New: Crosshairs (40), diffrent colors.
2. 2vs2 TDM will be more supported. (tourneys?)
3. New fast duel map, lockbox style with doors (sound queue).
4. Some champs built up speed while walking (Scale, Galena, Clutch) for new players. Strafe jumping will get you there faster.
5. Ranked Play for Duel (diffrent classes highest Elite)
6. New Champ (not revealed yet)
7. Max FPS / Cap FPS (good to influence upload bandwith) sync with monitor refresh rate.
8. Datacenter(s) and starting gun saved.
9. Nerf for Anarki: -max speed. (Short boost in speed while injecting) < To hard to hit.
10. Nerf for Slash: -max speed. < To hard to hit.
11. Nerf Doom slayer, -beserk hit distance. < OP
12. Buff BJ hitrate (ability) will be increased a little.
13. Tribolt will be changed to sticking projectiles until being walked over or explode later. (area denial).
14. New Spawn 3rd person image (same spawn time cannot be hit) You can see your own custom champion.
15. Small armor respawn time (change) from 15 to 30 seconds.
16. Fix FPS to hitrate.
17. Winter stuff (season events).
18. Buff in Health for all Champs (reason is longer time to live).
19. Buff in Armor for all Champs (armor control will be more important).
20. Mod Instagib will be added
21. CTF will come in 2018
22. Hitboxes will be changed Januari/Februari will not be as a blanket over the model. But a better more adjustable solution.
23. There will be changes to Lore. (not in December?)
24. There will be changes to runes (easier / better reward) (not in December?)
25. There will be changes to loot boxes (more rare items) (not I December?)
26. LG change where if feels better than it is now, more like the old way but without the exploit.
27. Gauntlet hitrate extended. (can't hit as fast)

In general: They feel they are on the right way with the Quake and also the netcode, there will be performance 'improvements' in the December update.
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/130442/december-update-change-list

Slash speed to be nerfed, sad times. :(

Soldato
NEW SETTINGS - Activate 'No Abilities' Mode - Players looking to go old school will have the option to turn off active Champion abilities. This play style is only available in custom games.
Yay, finally Bethesda Champions will actually resemble a Quake game and not a lame Overwatch clone
biggrin.gif

Soldato
Yay, finally Bethesda Champions will actually resemble a Quake game and not a lame Overwatch clone
biggrin.gif
No Abilities mode sounds good, wonder if they will force one player model or if they will still have differing hitboxes, health & movement.

I might be tempted to re-install, last time I played the netcode was terrible

V F

V F

Soldato
“This play style is only available in custom games.”

While good, you’ll have to create a party. You wont be able to go solo on public games with it.

Soldato
Played a game for the first time in a while yesterday, still can't believe the rocket launcher net-code is still buggy as hell..

Man of Honour
Yeah it is one of the main reasons why I stopped playing it - I think the underlying engine is too broken that short of porting the assets, etc. to a new engine things like the random rocket launcher delay, vagueness of the railgun, etc. will at best be somewhat masked and never truly fixed.

Associate
Just starting playing this as it was early access. At some point will there be an option to buy without starting again. It was free on steam but not sure if is only for a short period of time.

Associate
I find it fun, if not a little frustrating, hit reg seems a bit iffy to me sometimes but it might just be because im poop at it lol im having fun though which is the main thing

Man of Honour
It was definitely iffy last time I played - it is fun but I'm unable to just switch off and not take it seriously so find iffy netcode too frustrating.

Soldato
It was definitely iffy last time I played - it is fun but I'm unable to just switch off and not take it seriously so find iffy netcode too frustrating.

This. I'm an easy going laid back person but some things wind me up. Dodgy hitscan and lag are a couple of them. My problem I guess, but it is what it is :)

Back
Top Bottom