Quantum Break PC version confirmed!

Soldato
If you are that bothered you can switch all that stuff off manually or there's plenty of tools that can help you. http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/windows_10_fixes.html

It would be a shame if someone didn't try windows 10 due to the privacy thing being blown out of proportion some what.

I'm not talking about the privacy issue. I'm talking about how it can install itself even when you've told it not to and will automatically disable your internet security software in the process. Win10 is literally a virus.

Soldato
I'm not talking about the privacy issue. I'm talking about how it can install itself even when you've told it not to and will automatically disable your internet security software in the process. Win10 is literally a virus.

I've never herd of it installing itself, have herd of it being downloaded as part of automatic updates when its been switch on though. Still its the best virus Ive ever had, its what Windows 8/8.1 should have been but each to there own!

Soldato
A ton of problems waiting to happen.
Microsoft has a precedent of failing at things like this and ditching it.
I mean you've got the store fragmentation from the last 3 windows releases, and the failure of GFWL.

That's ignoring the UWA limitations. Problems with multi gpu because of lack of proper full screen etc etc.

As far as I am aware, the Unreal 4 engine is plagued with SLI problems is it not?

Soldato
I've yet to buy a game on the MS Store but this thread doesn't fill me with confidence.

Although I've read some reviews on the store app and it sounds suspiciously like MS employees or at the very least, those with a vested interest.

Will hang back for the mean time

Soldato
So will this be like tomb raider? Didn't take MS long to shoot themselves in the foot in the PC gaming scene, yet again. They don't seem to be able to help themselves.

There's nothing wrong with using their own store front, but restricting the software is a spectacular own goal. The version of Tomb raider on the MS store only made a compelling advert for Steam, and served as a reminder to PC gamers to stay away from MS.

Associate
I've just had a random thought.

If this is downloaded via the Windows Store, will it come with an installer or just install it to my C:\ drive.. I don't want it on my Windows drive.

On windows 10 :

Start Menu => Settings => System => Storage

From there you can choose what drive store apps get downloaded to

(I know, not exactly obvious !)

Soldato
I will probably end up getting this for my Xbox One (with the Windows 10 code).

Ideally I would love to play this on my PC (my preferred platform), but if the Windows Store doesn't support SLI this is a deal breaker for me.

I don't want to have my system clipped and have to compromise on features etc when I have spent the best part of 800 to 850 notes on my GPUs.

I know SLI support can be sketchy, but if this game is as demanding as the requirements say it is, its madness.

Soldato
Interesting article. Looks like Gabe Newell's mutterings from yesteryear are starting to become reality.

A lot of people say "no steam no sale" which is fair enough but if you could help it you wouldn't want to put your game on a competitors platform especially when they take a 30% chunk for the privilege. Same reason we will probably never see a Valve game on origin despite EA publishing Valves games in the the past :)

Gabe doesn't want a MS store monopoly over PC games but would be quite happy with a Steam monopoly.

Sure is a turnaround from the early days of Steam when I was at uni with everyone up in arms over HL2 being steam only and had to be activated!

Last edited:
Soldato
A lot of people say "no steam no sale" which is fair enough but if you could help it you wouldn't want to put your game on a competitors platform especially when they take a 30% chunk for the privilege. Same reason we will probably never see a Valve game on origin despite EA publishing Valves games in the the past :)

Gabe doesn't want a MS store monopoly over PC games but would be quite happy with a Steam monopoly.

Sure is a turnaround from the early days of Steam when I was at uni with everyone up in arms over HL2 being steam only and had to be activated!

Don't think anyone is arguing that Window cannot have their own store but they have hamstrung it by making it this weird application that doesn't fully support what customers expect when they purchase games from rival platforms.

Soldato
Don't think anyone is arguing that Window cannot have their own store but they have hamstrung it by making it this weird application that doesn't fully support what customers expect when they purchase games from rival platforms.

Agreed the restrictions eps with no multi GPU (I hope a single 980ti will be able to max out the game @1440P). It did put a massive damper on the surprise news. Any luck I might be get a free code via work which will make it less annoying.

Back
Top Bottom