Quantum Break PC version confirmed!

Soldato
The game looks horrendous on XB1 after watching some gameplay vids, it seems the game is rendered at 720 and some magic jiggery pokery scales it up to 1080 or something. Sounds like a load of **** to me as it looks like ass on console. There's something about the movement and gameplay that just looks off in the game, I can't describe it. Eurogamer did a hands-on.

If it can play at native resolutions up to 4K on PC then fair enough but all this faffing around with Win 10 and the game is 'streamed' put me off.

Associate
The game looks horrendous on XB1 after watching some gameplay vids, it seems the game is rendered at 720 and some magic jiggery pokery scales it up to 1080 or something. Sounds like a load of **** to me as it looks like ass on console. There's something about the movement and gameplay that just looks off in the game, I can't describe it. Eurogamer did a hands-on.

If it can play at native resolutions up to 4K on PC then fair enough but all this faffing around with Win 10 and the game is 'streamed' put me off.

720p are you joking :eek:

Soldato
So it actually says that during the pre order via your xbox?
If you buy the XB1 version digitally direct from MS @ £44.99 you get a Win 10 code on 5th April.

http://www.quantumbreak.com/windows10/

"What is the special pre-order offer on “Quantum Break?”
A.For a limited time, anyone who pre-orders the digital version of “Quantum Break” for Xbox One through the Xbox Store will receive the Windows 10 version of the game for free, downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code. The pre-order offer also applies for those who redeem a digital code purchased from participating retailers or from the Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break Bundle by April 4th, 2016."

"How will I receive the Windows 10 code? How do I activate it?
A.After you pre-order a digital copy of “Quantum Break” for Xbox One through the Xbox Store, you will receive a system message over Xbox Live that includes a 5x5 redemption code for the Windows 10 version of the game. Codes will be issued shortly after launch. "

5x5 means you can only install it on 5 different Win 10 PC's 5 times each before it expires!

Just wait until 5th April you can then buy the 55GB Win10 only version for £39.99 I believe is the PC price. You cannot download the TV episodes on PC though only stream them at the same resolution as you play the game @ so for me that's 4K gameplay + 4K streaming. Only the XB1 version lets you download the 75GB of TV episodes & you can also preload the main game on XB1 right now @ 55GB = 125GB in total :eek:

Win 10 store currently cannot do preloads for PC or downloadable TV episodes for this game as the platform does not support it yet :rolleyes:

Soldato
Not concerned with how its going to look on PC it looks amazing on XB1 in motion (screenshots/video do not show the quality). PC has way higher gfx quality ;) Like a supercharged Max Payne with amazing bullet time & time altering FX :D Remedy have always pushed the visuals they have some very clever programmers who worked on Max Pay 1 + 2 + Alan Wake ;)

Only problem PC has is its tied to Windows 10 store that will never change this means @ launch you can only stream the TV episodes....@ 4K for me that's a lot of data to stream :( these episodes are tied to your ingame resolution as well. Hopefully MS will change the way the Win 10 store allows you to store DLC (the TV episodes are classed as DLC even though they are free).

Back
Top Bottom