Quantum Break PC version confirmed!

Soldato
Just found a PC/XB1 comparison video on IGN (I know) and they look exactly the same. Theres people saying how awesome it looks but that did not look like the hot trash which was spat across my monitor earlier today

PC version is a no go for me at the moment.

1)Performance issue with frame pacing issues
2)ZERO 21:9 consideration with the chance of the mod community fixing it being close to zero.
3)It has no definable graphical difference to the Xbone
4)Damn expensive!

I might consider the Xbone version, but as others have said.....when it goes on offer ;)

Soldato
Well this thread is putting me off buying it. Actually, since the store is still bugged for me with all game prices greyed out I couldn't even buy it if I wanted to. No big loss then.

Soldato
looks okay game wise, obviously from that youtube video it shouldve been improved for pc, but the one thing id like to know is what so special about the main character? mean the actor its based on is okay in x-men and maybe 1 or 2 other films, but dont see him as anything special to represent a game.

Caporegime
looks okay game wise, obviously from that youtube video it shouldve been improved for pc, but the one thing id like to know is what so special about the main character? mean the actor its based on is okay in x-men and maybe 1 or 2 other films, but dont see him as anything special to represent a game.
I dont get it myself, other than being a Remedy game theres very little about the game that screamed anything interesting - a (cover based) TPS with powers isnt exactly hitting new ground, hell its pretty tired for a new IP...

Unsurprisingly the main point of UWP was to make ports pretty much a tickbox, QB shows that it fails at what should be its core competency - but then who be stupid enough to treat PC games as a mobile app...
Well this thread is putting me off buying it. Actually, since the store is still bugged for me with all game prices greyed out I couldn't even buy it if I wanted to. No big loss then.
It isnt bugged, you just arent on the latest version of W10 - how that happens is anyones guess but the stores very much integrated into W10 so when prices grey out its because it thinks you are missing some update but doesnt give you a real clue what...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Game is actually playable & looks better @ 1080 due to the way the internal scaler works (recombines several 720P frames to generate the final onscreen image). The image is very blurry though but it seems like its only designed for that XB1 resolution. Weird coding it looks better @ 1080 than anything else but as its literally a 1:1 XB1 port I guess this is here to stay unless Remedy can or even want to change it.

Nice to see Remedy had time to do this though :rolleyes: as the game uses Denuvo & Win 10 store its not likely to be pirated but they still took the time to do this (which is triggered if you sign out of the Win 10 store whilst playing the game).
http://www.pcgamer.com/quantum-break-pirates-slapped-with-an-eye-patch/

Associate
Nice to see Remedy had time to do this though :rolleyes: as the game uses Denuvo & Win 10 store its not likely to be pirated but they still took the time to do this (which is triggered if you sign out of the Win 10 store whilst playing the game).
http://www.pcgamer.com/quantum-break-pirates-slapped-with-an-eye-patch/

There are likely gameplay developers who would have been easily able to implement this - people not necessarily capable or responsible for working on the game engine side of things. It's not like everyone just dives in at the end of a project to lend a hand making the game run faster etc...

Associate
Hi All,

I pre-ordered the Game for the XBone a way back in time and have still to get the free Win 10 version as they promised but nothing so far. I won't be purchasing through the Win Store again as so far there output has been pretty dire.

Soldato
Doesn't look like I'll be getting this game anytime soon. Shame I really like the premise behind it.

Thanks AWPC for the write up made my mind up for me.
Sorry its not good news try looking around on the members market on here in about a week or so there are bound to be lots of cheap Win 10 codes from those XB1 gamers who got the free code for Win 10 with their digital pre-orders.

As the game uses Denuvo + UWA the only way to buy apart from a cheap Win 10 code is to pay the £49.99 MS simply do not do believe in doing sales on the Win 10 store for PC premium content :rolleyes:

Soldato
It isnt bugged, you just arent on the latest version of W10 - how that happens is anyones guess but the stores very much integrated into W10 so when prices grey out its because it thinks you are missing some update but doesnt give you a real clue what...

ps3ud0 :cool:

That's just the thing, I am on the latest version of Windows 10. I've checked countless times and there's no updates to download. Just says my device is up to date. Although on occasion there's an update but it still don't fix the store issue for me.

Soldato
has anyone got their windows 10 codes yet who pre-ordered the xbox version?

Not that I actually want to play it, but I went halves with a friend and want to sell my code to pay for my half lol

Soldato
PC version is a no go for me at the moment.

2)ZERO 21:9 consideration with the chance of the mod community fixing it being close to zero.
Nail in the coffin for me.

I was looking forward to this and the graphics looked pretty good in the adverts etc.

Either way I was never going to buy this at full price.

Associate
That's just the thing, I am on the latest version of Windows 10. I've checked countless times and there's no updates to download. Just says my device is up to date. Although on occasion there's an update but it still don't fix the store issue for me.

What version is displayed when running winver? (type "winver" in the search box)

The current release version is 10586.164. If you have a version older than this (especially if it says 10240.xxx) you may be able to use the media creation tool to force an update.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Back
Top Bottom