Quest 3 accessories thread

Soldato
That’s the cable I got and I use it with active 5 meters USB 3 extension.
It doesn’t matter it’s USB a to c what matters is bandwidth.
Mine with the extension is showing 2.4Gbps.
I just ordered one for myself, £11.99 delivered, seems like a win if it works as advertised :D

Associate
I just ordered one for myself, £11.99 delivered, seems like a win if it works as advertised :D
I had moments where it either wouldn’t change or wouldn’t transfer data until I rebooted Quest, pc or both.
That usually happens when I connect it in the wrong order especially when using the extension.
Can’t remember which order is the most successful for me as I’ve been using wireless lately but I think it was power first, then pc then quest.
Also at times it charges at low rate like 10W (5V 2A) but unplugging and plugging back in the charger usually fixes it (I have USB power meter plugged into is so I know what’s up).

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone had any experience with a headstrap from Nord Quest VR? They have a strap with an integrated battery which they say gives a total of 6 hours usage of the headset and currently have 50% off (Usually £133). Been looking at getting some accessories and wondering if it was worth giving it a go.

Associate
VR Optician lenses appeared yesterday. No issues at all. Snap in, stay in, no issues having the interface at its closest distance. Crystal clear now on my 2nd Q3 (first was RMA'd for trapped dust).

Associate
Has anyone had any experience with a headstrap from Nord Quest VR? They have a strap with an integrated battery which they say gives a total of 6 hours usage of the headset and currently have 50% off (Usually £133). Been looking at getting some accessories and wondering if it was worth giving it a go.

It looks exactly like a "NEWZEROL" one on the rainforest which has a ratings average of 3.4

Soldato

Go to aliexpress and type "oculus quest 3 rgb battery" into the search bar. You will find a lot of the exact same straps available for a lot less money.

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate

Thinking of getting that, apparently 20w from the usb-c charging port and for £12 it might be worth a punt. Gets a lot of good reviews.
Saw the deal myself and took a punt, works fine with the Quest 3 (I've also got an Anker Power IQ 3.0 (25w) model from an earlier HUKD and that works fine with the Q3 also).

After an 1hr 15m of Red Matter 2 it shows 61% remaining on the power bank and the Quest hasn't budged a %. Top buy for a tenner.

Associate
Saw the deal myself and took a punt, works fine with the Quest 3 (I've also got an Anker Power IQ 3.0 (25w) model from an earlier HUKD and that works fine with the Q3 also).

After an 1hr 15m of Red Matter 2 it shows 61% remaining on the power bank and the Quest hasn't budged a %. Top buy for a tenner.
I picked it up as well, instruction book thing says 5v 3a on usb C (not what the Amazon advert says).
It's good though if it's keeping it charged through a demanding standalone VR game. The big test will be MR.

Associate
I picked it up as well, instruction book thing says 5v 3a on usb C (not what the Amazon advert says).
It's good though if it's keeping it charged through a demanding standalone VR game. The big test will be MR.
I must admit apart from the demo on the Q3 i've not tried mixed reality, but even if these cheapo power banks just slow the rate of discharge that will be something. As it is i've not even really ventured into PCVR (via VR desktop or Airlink) on the Q3 yet, probably just a well looking a certain reports about wireless performance, i've been working through my on device library instead and coming from a Quest 1 everything feels a big step up!

Lots to look forward to!

Associate
I must admit apart from the demo on the Q3 i've not tried mixed reality, but even if these cheapo power banks just slow the rate of discharge that will be something. As it is i've not even really ventured into PCVR (via VR desktop or Airlink) on the Q3 yet, probably just a well looking a certain reports about wireless performance, i've been working through my on device library instead and coming from a Quest 1 everything feels a big step up!

Lots to look forward to!
Pcvr should be less demanding on the headset so battery shouldn't be a problem. I've tried a few games from from steam vr list on it over virtual desktop and have no complaints so far!

Soldato
I woke up this morning to the dreaded red Royal Mail card saying I'd missed delivery by an hour. The re-delivery was going to be on Monday. I thought, I'm not waiting until Monday if I can help it and decided to get in the car and drive around random roads in my area until I spotted a postman and red trolley. I did find him. Phew! :D

20231118-143855.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom