Quest 3 accessories thread

I woke up this morning to the dreaded red Royal Mail card saying I'd missed delivery by an hour. The re-delivery was going to be on Monday. I thought, I'm not waiting until Monday if I can help it and decided to get in the car and drive around random roads in my area until I spotted a postman and red trolley. I did find him. Phew! :D

good job!! LOL

Give us a review when you got it up and running. Was thinking of buying one myself.

I woke up this morning to the dreaded red Royal Mail card saying I'd missed delivery by an hour. The re-delivery was going to be on Monday. I thought, I'm not waiting until Monday if I can help it and decided to get in the car and drive around random roads in my area until I spotted a postman and red trolley. I did find him. Phew! :D

20231118-143855.jpg
he didn't knock hard enough !
but lol , you looking for postman pat and his black and white cat ! :D

Just received a pair of Anker Soundcore VRP10 wireless ear buds which are on discount at the moment. Seem to be the perfect option for the Q3.
They are a great solution, I love mine. Sound quality is much better and no latency at all.
The passthrough charging is abit iffy and you'll probably find that you need the quest on standby mode to charge the headset.

good job!! LOL

Give us a review when you got it up and running. Was thinking of buying one myself.

Alright, I've spent a little bit of time with it.

The good news. It's really nice to wear, just easily pops over your head and it's super comfy and the padding is plush. There's various adjustment points which is good.

The bad news. Whatever adjustments I make, I can't seem to completely remove a bit of sideways wobble. This happens when moving my head left and right and the headset catches up/swings in that direction a nano second after. I've moved the rear arm really far down to the bottom of my skull and tightened the wheel. The headset is going nowhere, definitely not loose, is well attached to my head and I've really minimised the wobble. But there's still some play in it which is a bit annoying. So I don't know what to say at the moment. I like that it's not a face hugger but the tradeoff is wobble. Maybe I'll try the Kiwi Design and see if I prefer that.

The good news. It's really nice to wear, just easily pops over your head and it's super comfy and the padding is plush. There's various adjustment points which is good.

The bad news. Whatever adjustments I make, I can't seem to completely remove a bit of sideways wobble. This happens when moving my head left and right and the headset catches up/swings in that direction a nano second after. I've moved the rear arm really far down to the bottom of my skull and tightened the wheel. The headset is going nowhere, definitely not loose, is well attached to my head and I've really minimised the wobble. But there's still some play in it which is a bit annoying. So I don't know what to say at the moment. I like that it's not a face hugger but the tradeoff is wobble. Maybe I'll try the Kiwi Design and see if I prefer that.

It's the one thing that almost every review of the BoboVR mentions, the wobble. Not sure I could put up with it. At the start, because of the increased comfort I might be fine with it, but eventually I know it would be an issue that would grow and grow in my mind, until all I noticed would be the wobble.

Thank you for your thoughts. I am still waiting for Kiwi Design to release their strap with battery included.

It's the one thing that almost every review of the BoboVR mentions, the wobble. Not sure I could put up with it. At the start, because of the increased comfort I might be fine with it, but eventually I know it would be an issue that would grow and grow in my mind, until all I noticed would be the wobble.

Thank you for your thoughts. I am still waiting for Kiwi Design to release their strap with battery included.

Yes me too, I would want the Kiwi battery version. Hmm, meanwhile, since I have this Bobo installed I might as well do some proper gaming with it as I've only done a few minutes testing to be fair. Who knows, I might not notice any wobbling once I'm properly immersed but I'll update my thoughts.

If you trim it neatly. Adhesive foam tape stuck to the sides of the inside of the strap can help with the inertia side movement.

Thanks for the suggestion, it's a good idea. That could work I suppose although I'm not entirely convinced but I might give it a try.

An update: I've just been properly testing the headset with this BoboVR strap for the last hour with Beat Saber, and shooting targets either side of a rollercoaster in Epic Rollercoasters. To be honest, it's actually not as bad as I first thought. Beat Saber was absolutely fine. Shooting targets from the rollercoaster however required more global head movement which can produce more wobble. I've got the strap tightened down really good with the back part moved really far down the back of my skull. The wobble/shake, although still there, was really minimal and for now I find it acceptable. So I'm a bit happier at the moment. I think everyone's mileage will vary depending on head shape and personal acceptable tolerance.

Last edited:
Well my Meta elite battery strap has died after just over 4 weeks...won't charge with the Meta charging dock and the headset doesn't recognize it any more..don't know what to do with it bought it from Argos.

Well my Meta elite battery strap has died after just over 4 weeks...won't charge with the Meta charging dock and the headset doesn't recognize it any more..don't know what to do with it bought it from Argos.

Just take it back to argos and get a replacement. It's not a cheap item. I had to take a quest 2 back to argos after several months when it developed an issue.

Last edited:
Could return it, but could easily get one with a similar issue.
That's if the issue is with the strap at all, and it's not a software issue that'll eventually affect everyone. If you can get the refund as opposed to a replacement, I'd go with that.

Meta nuked the strap from their online store as they clearly want to hold up the RMAs if it is a resolvable issue. Support tickets are full of advice around verifying the LED colour on the strap, resetting it by holding down the button for 12 seconds etc
Usual rumours doing the rounds about an imminent recall. They really don't have the best track record with their Elite Straps. Wouldn't have bought one myself, but was given as a present.

I didn't notice any issue with mine, but after RMA'ing the first headset for an issue, I've noticed the problem with the replacement headset in the first week.

Last edited:
Could return it, but could easily get one with a similar issue.
That's if the issue is with the strap at all, and it's not a software issue that'll eventually affect everyone. If you can get the refund as opposed to a replacement, I'd go with that.

Meta nuked the strap from their online store as they clearly want to hold up the RMAs if it is a resolvable issue. Support tickets are full of advice around verifying the LED colour on the strap, resetting it by holding down the button for 12 seconds etc
Usual rumours doing the rounds about an imminent recall. They really don't have the best track record with their Elite Straps. Wouldn't have bought one myself, but was given as a present.

I didn't notice any issue with mine, but after RMA'ing the first headset for an issue, I've noticed the problem with the replacement headset in the first week.
I picked up an Aubika strap with the 8000 mah battery as I was not too impressed with the Meta Elite Pro battery strap performance.

Really impressed with the strap, no battery buzzing when using this one as some people have reported, plus the strap is really comfortable & it keeps up with the Quest 3 headset battery discharge really well, they are on offer at Amazon at present for £58.31.

I did try the Bobo M3 but to me it felt a bit too wobbly so I returned it and bought the above strap.

Maybe worth considering ;)

Cheers all

I've just been watching VR documentaries tonight on Meta TV and I tested the Bobo B2 battery. I tell you what, I'm impressed. I fully charged the headset and battery separately before using it. After about an hour and twenty minutes of use, the B2 battery had just one led light still showing out of four that it started with, and then after about another 35 minutes of using the headset, still one light showing.

I don't know how much longer the B2 would have kept going before needing recharging as I decided to switch off the headset at this point. But I'd been in VR for nearly 2 hours and the Quest 3 was still at 100% of its own battery. So it looks like I can get about 4 hours of usage, maybe a bit more. It'll be interesting to see how much time I get on the B2 battery when gaming though, no doubt less, particularly when I use a Quest Games Optimiser resolution profile. I'm really enjoying using the BoboVR strap now, it really is super comfortable.

Last edited:
I picked up an Aubika strap with the 8000 mah battery as I was not too impressed with the Meta Elite Pro battery strap performance.

Really impressed with the strap, no battery buzzing when using this one as some people have reported, plus the strap is really comfortable & it keeps up with the Quest 3 headset battery discharge really well, they are on offer at Amazon at present for £58.31.

I did try the Bobo M3 but to me it felt a bit too wobbly so I returned it and bought the above strap.

Maybe worth considering ;)

Cheers all
Will the Aubika charge via the headset as i use the Meta charging dock for charging?

Back
Top Bottom