Quest 3 accessories thread

Mini Review of the Globular Cluster Halo strap.

Installation isn't difficult - getting the facial interface off was the hardest bit.

It comes with a variety of pads and straps, including Index like cloth, and PU. These are velcroed for easy swapping.

The default back cushion is a heavy honeycomb which apparently is intended to act as a counterweight when using without the standard Q3 facial interface. If you use the thinner fabric strap without using the facial interface it's best to add a battery counterweight. (Something I'll be doing.)

Initial impressions are its not as comfortable or as secure as the Quest Pro with the Globular Cluster kit, but its more adjustable.

I was getting some forehead pain which is a sign I had it adjusted too tight, I think it'll take some fiddling to get it right.

One annoyance is without a facial interface there's a noticeable gap above the headset where light shines through. Happily this is mitigated simply by placing one of the spare forehead cushions in the gap.

Overall its way better than the default strap and open face mode is great, but it's not as comfy or secure as the Quest Pro with the Globular Cluster Kit, at least not without some fiddling.

Oh and was using this with glasses, so that also makes it slightly less comfy compared to using prescription lenses.

Last edited:
Can I still use the stock face gasket with the Bobovr m3 pro? (non battery edition)?

Is anyone making a replacement face gasket currently? The stock one isn't nearly as comfortable as the G2 and seems to be keeping the lenses pretty far away from the eyes thus giving up FoV.

Last edited:
Mini Review of the Globular Cluster Halo strap.

Installation isn't difficult - getting the facial interface off was the hardest bit.

It comes with a variety of pads and straps, including Index like cloth, and PU. These are velcroed for easy swapping.

The default back cushion is a heavy honeycomb which apparently is intended to act as a counterweight when using without the standard Q3 facial interface. If you use the thinner fabric strap without using the facial interface it's best to add a battery counterweight. (Something I'll be doing.)

Initial impressions are its not as comfortable or as secure as the Quest Pro with the Globular Cluster kit, but its more adjustable.

I was getting some forehead pain which is a sign I had it adjusted too tight, I think it'll take some fiddling to get it right.

One annoyance is without a facial interface there's a noticeable gap above the headset where light shines through. Happily this is mitigated simply by placing one of the spare forehead cushions in the gap.

Overall its way better than the default strap and open face mode is great, but it's not as comfy or secure as the Quest Pro with the Globular Cluster Kit, at least not without some fiddling.

Oh and was using this with glasses, so that also makes it slightly less comfy compared to using prescription lenses.
Interesting, now try without glasses

Last edited:
Can I still use the stock face gasket with the Bobovr m3 pro? (non battery edition)?

Is anyone making a replacement face gasket currently? The stock one isn't nearly as comfortable as the G2 and seems to be keeping the lenses pretty far away from the eyes thus giving up FoV.

Yes, its the same profile as the battery edition. AMVR are producing a facial interface but it may not be compatible with the halo straps as it has a wider forehead pad section. £35 from amazon or £23 from the AMVR store with coupon code. There are other cheaper interfaces on amazon in different colours on amazon too. More info in the previous pages.

i just meant for the comfort side not vision (until you get inserts)

I actually got it quite comfy this morning. It does wobble a bit if you shake your head from side to side if you don't have the facial interface fitted but it worked for the majority of the games tested.

What I need now is a case that'll fit a halo strap (as well as prescription lenses but I want to get an eye test first).

Last edited:
My Pro case doesn't fit the Q3 with halo strap unfortunately.

I have the BoboVR M3 Pro halo strap and I bought the BoboVR carry case for it. The case is pretty spacious. I don't know how well it accommodates a different halo strap but it'll probably work so might be worth considering.

Hey all, just got bobo m3 pro, such a huge improvement over standard. Need to move on to headphones now. What is everyone using? My normal over ears are just a pain for getting headset off so was thinking in ear.
Mic quality is important too, what’s the q3 mic like? I’ve heard it’s not good.

Back
Top Bottom