Quest 3 accessories thread

I did look at that one but didnt fancy the fans

The fans are detachable, hence they can be changed from intake to exhaust. Removing them leaves ventilation slots at the top. What we do like about it tho are the two dials either side that can be turned for depth control. In that sense it is absolutely head and shoulders above that of the AMVR one.

What's the go to reasonably priced head strap to get for the Q3?

Personally I use this one, KKCOBVR Q3 Pro Battery Strap, as do a few others..

It allows you to flip the unit up without actually having to take it off to see what you are doing and the battery pack offsets the weight of the unit on the front of the head, which helps when playing for long periods of time, which you can do with the battery pack, although, personally I haven't played anything long enough to run the stock battery down..

Oh, and one thing I will say, if you are looking for other accessories, there are some things you can get in bundles, so look for those rather than buying things as singles..

Last edited:
Personally I use this one, KKCOBVR Q3 Pro Battery Strap, as do a few others..

It allows you to flip the unit up without actually having to take it off to see what you are doing and the battery pack offsets the weight of the unit on the front of the head, which helps when playing for long periods of time, which you can do with the battery pack, although, personally I haven't played anything long enough to run the stock battery down..

Oh, and one thing I will say, if you are looking for other accessories, there are some things you can get in bundles, so look for those rather than buying things as singles..

Posted my overall positive thoughts about that headset a couple of pages back. Most impressed.

Posted my overall positive thoughts about that headset a couple of pages back. Most impressed.
I like the idea of the flip up function where u can just flip up the Q3 to see your surroundings negating the need to take the headset off, how good is it in reality?

Anyone else with the AMVR face pad they're getting more light into the unit?
I've sat here with the lights on, but Q3 off, and I can see 4 light sources from where light is getting in through the vents..

Also, I bought some of the AMVR glasses protector buffer things that clip to the lens surround.
All I can say is I am not wearing my glasses with the Q3, makes it blurry AF lol..

Anyone else with the AMVR face pad they're getting more light into the unit?
I've sat here with the lights on, but Q3 off, and I can see 4 light sources from where light is getting in through the vents..

Also, I bought some of the AMVR glasses protector buffer things that clip to the lens surround.
All I can say is I am not wearing my glasses with the Q3, makes it blurry AF lol..
I've never had an issue with the amvr interface.
I find it blocks the light out better than the stock interface but it all depends on the users face shape.
I don't get any light bleed into mine when gaming but I've never tested with the Q3 turned off and the rooms lights on

I like the idea of the flip up function where u can just flip up the Q3 to see your surroundings negating the need to take the headset off, how good is it in reality?

Just double tap the side of the headset to go into pass through mode. Clear enough to get a drink, read a message on your phone etc.

Just double tap the side of the headset to go into pass through mode. Clear enough to get a drink, read a message on your phone etc.
Definitely an option and I have done this, I find drinking a cuppa with my Q3 on to be a bit cumbersome though, the rim of the cup presses on the botton of my Q3

Ours was a little tight to do that easily. I just dribbled a little light mineral oil on the hinge and it is fine now.

Last edited:
If you are playing long sessions, its great for something as simple as needing a drink....
Just ordered 1 now, being able to remove the facial interface for MR together with the flip front and external battery for £50 sold it to me, considering Meta's open facial interface is £40 I thought for an extra tenner why not. First aftermarket headstrap I've ever bought in 10 years of using vr, looking forward to trying it tomorrow.

Just ordered 1 now, being able to remove the facial interface for MR together with the flip front and external battery for £50 sold it to me, considering Meta's open facial interface is £40 I thought for an extra tenner why not. First aftermarket headstrap I've ever bought in 10 years of using vr, looking forward to trying it tomorrow.

Ten years of using VR, wow.
What headset at that time did you start with.?
You must have seen, quite literally, some changes in that time.!

Back
Top Bottom