Quest 3 accessories thread

Ten years of using VR, wow.
What headset at that time did you start with.?
You must have seen, quite literally, some changes in that time.!
Yep been a while! Started with an Oculus Rift DK2 in 2014 after seeing it being used to play Elite Dangerous on bbc news. Had iirc about 10 headsets since, best is deffo the Quest 3 not just saying that because that's what I have now, what amazing progression in that time almost like sci fi with wireless and MR and image clarity etc.

Yep been a while! Started with an Oculus Rift DK2 in 2014 after seeing it being used to play Elite Dangerous on bbc news. Had iirc about 10 headsets since, best is deffo the Quest 3 not just saying that because that's what I have now, what amazing progression in that time almost like sci fi with wireless and MR and image clarity etc.

Wow, just watched a couple of videos dated from 2014 introducing the Development Kit 2 for around $350. Seemed amazing at the time..!

Did you keep any of your headsets or mainly sell on and update.?

I know they are close to a decade apart but the DK2 to a Q3 is a great leap in accessibility and functionality.

Last edited:
Ours was a little tight to do that easily. I just dribbled a little light mineral oil on the hinge and it is fine now.

:D
qKpH6Jb.jpeg

Wow, just watched a couple of videos dated from 2014 introducing the Development Kit 2 for around $350. Seemed amazing at the time..!

Did you keep any of your headsets or mainly sell on and update.?

I know they are close to a decade apart but the DK2 to a Q3 is a great leap in accessibility and functionality.
It was amazing tbh even though the games and experiences were limited for a while at first. I don't keep any of my old headsets I sell them on to raise money for my next headset. Fond memories of the DK2, it's successor in some things a step back though, the Rift CV1 was the 1st vr headset aimed at general consumers, it had cheapo fresnel lenses compared to the DK2's lovely aspherics, the CV1 had awful glare/godrays, was so disappointed when I realised this. Now we have glorious pancakes in the Q3. It's a great time to be into this tech I'm more into it now than ever.

Back
Top Bottom