Quest 3 accessories thread

@SimonRigga you could always print your own or get some printed for you. Not sure if the plastic plugs are the same on the Q3 as the Q2.

@SimonRigga you could always print your own or get some printed for you. Not sure if the plastic plugs are the same on the Q3 as the Q2.

I still have my Quest 2 straps, but they do NOT fit..

It was our Son who reminded us why using straps can be helpful...

IMG-20240816-WA0001.jpg

Last edited:
Almost had a similar event once when my brother in law played on my Wii and threw the controller so hard it broke the strap, narrowly missed the TV and hit the wall, breaking the battery compartment lid.

So, as a stop gap.
I have removed the foam pad from the stock Quest 3 facial interface, covered the plastic in some velcro and stuck one of my AMVR face pads to it.

It works, its a bit janky as the velcro I had isn't the same size as the stuff on the back of the interface, but it'll do.
I've just had a quick go and there's a smidge of leak one one side, but I need to adjust the interface to get the pad position right but its a win for now..

Only issue is there's no nose blocker on the stock interface, and if I try to use the one from the AMVR interface the bottom tabs don't clip in place, I might see if I can mod the nose rubber from AMVR a bit, physically, but for now I'm happy with where I'm at with it.

If I were to be running it long term, I'd get some better velcro and trim it in better, but as a short term while I find a replacement for the AMVR, it'll do, especially as I now have full range of motion on the flipupability of the headset.

Bought a new right angled usb cable today for connecting my Q3 to my pc, my current Anker cable (not right angled) lasted 11 months. I've also seen I've snapped off 1 side of the little pin shaped thing that the top strap feeds through on the headset, it's not part of the interface so can't replace afaik unfortunately, going to try glueing it, the top strap isn't secured now but (I think) doesn't affect me much because I have a halo type headstrap.

Bought a new right angled usb cable today for connecting my Q3 to my pc, my current Anker cable (not right angled) lasted 11 months. I've also seen I've snapped off 1 side of the little pin shaped thing that the top strap feeds through on the headset, it's not part of the interface so can't replace afaik unfortunately, going to try glueing it, the top strap isn't secured now but (I think) doesn't affect me much because I have a halo type headstrap.

Some superglue, using a flexible tip extension, should help with that repair.

Good luck

I bought various right angled USB-C connectors to help with cable attachments. They do work well.

Some superglue, using a flexible tip extension, should help with that repair.

Good luck

I bought various right angled USB-C connectors to help with cable attachments. They do work well.
Didn't know such tips existed for superglue, just ordered 1, cheers.

Back
Top Bottom