Quest 3 accessories thread

Underboss
OP
Same here, having something comfy sat on your face is great. I'm still using my Q2 more than the Q3 because it's more comfortable. VR Cover are missing a trick and the christmas market by leaving it so late to get a facial interface to market.
don't get me wrong, I've got my Quest 3 comfortable

its just not "quite" where i want it, its nearly though

Soldato

Now this looks very interesting. This headstrap mimics the way the Quest Pro headstrap works with the additional globular Cluster mod.

This is a much more stable halo type strap than the others. It won't wobble, this is important as you don't have the facial interface attached which normally keeps the headset secure.

I can say, as a Quest Pro owner that once you've tried VR with no facial interface resting on your face you just don't want to go back. You don't really notice your surroundings and it also makes passthrough more immersive as you can see the real world in your peripheral vision merge seamlessly with the passthrough view.

The only downside here is there's no battery, but you could attach one.

Associate
Could return it, but could easily get one with a similar issue.
That's if the issue is with the strap at all, and it's not a software issue that'll eventually affect everyone. If you can get the refund as opposed to a replacement, I'd go with that.

Meta nuked the strap from their online store as they clearly want to hold up the RMAs if it is a resolvable issue. Support tickets are full of advice around verifying the LED colour on the strap, resetting it by holding down the button for 12 seconds etc
Usual rumours doing the rounds about an imminent recall. They really don't have the best track record with their Elite Straps. Wouldn't have bought one myself, but was given as a present.

I didn't notice any issue with mine, but after RMA'ing the first headset for an issue, I've noticed the problem with the replacement headset in the first week.
Elite Strap w/battery back on sale in the Meta Store.
Should hopefully be the new fixed batch going on the RMA timelines doing the rounds a couple weeks back.

Assuming they have fixed it of course ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
magnetic ? mine weren't

non magnetic

magnetic

Soldato
I decided to buy a second battery and just received it. I don't need the dock but the battery by itself was out of stock so I paid a couple of quid extra for this one.

I can hotswap them, putting one on charge and use the other. I get roughly a couple of hours usage from one of these and it takes roughly 2 hours or so to charge. So with the Quest 3 battery as well should be able to get around 5 to 6 hours playtime with very little loss of juice from the Quest 3 battery. Not that I ever play for that long and I usually take breaks in between where I put everything on charge anyway, but nice to have the extra power. Since I'll be taking the Quest 3 with me for a family xmas day, they'll all want to use it so the batteries will be needed!

20231220-195046.jpg

Soldato
My Zenni lenses just arrived. Took a few days from the USA but they're a game changer. So much more comfortable than wearing my glasses!

Just waiting for my BoboVR headset and battery now!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom