Quest 3 owners etc

Can you not have the game on your PC on Oculus and airlink your Quest to it? That way you're back to it being completely simple to have custom songs.

I certainly hope you can, as that's what I'll be wanting to do when I upgrade from Rift S to Quest 3.
For me PC to Quest 3 experience in beat sabre is straight up bad as there is a slight audio delay even when using a cable.
Yes you get better graphics but the delay just kills it for me in this game.
You can adjust audio delay within beat sabre settings but that just delays video even further (as streaming to quest has high latency already).

Last edited:
My Original Vive has finally given up the ghost so just bought a Quest 3.
Have I read right that there's a referral system? If so can someone message me a link; and how does it work? Add the referral when I create an account and add the headset?
Also, any tips for steam link? I've been using Vive with extension leads from an adjacent room to my lounge, will it all just work over my wifi?

If going down the WiFi route I found having a dedicated unit like the ASUS TUF AX5400 works brilliant.

The main EERO household router connects by CAT6 to the ASUS router to provide internet to it.
My computer also connects to this router by CAT6 to grab that internet connection.
The Quest 3 connects by WiFi to the ASUS router and can subsequently see the computer that is also connected to it.

Nothing else connects to this router either by ethernet cable or WiFi. The rest of the house use the WiFi from the EERO router on a different network.

For me PC to Quest 3 experience in beat sabre is straight up bad as there is a slight audio delay even when using a cable.
Yes you get better graphics but the delay just kills it for me in this game.
You can adjust audio delay within beat sabre settings but that just delays video even further (as streaming to quest has high latency already).
That's a worry! I'd be absolutely gutted to lose access to custom songs on Beat Saber.

That's a worry! I'd be absolutely gutted to lose access to custom songs on Beat Saber.
Yeah I tried many times and just couldn’t enjoy it when streaming this game from PC due to the delay while having a blast playing it natively on quest.
One thing I have to say is that sound is really bad when running beat sabre on quest 3 which is not how I remember it on quest 2 (using headphones obviously).

Last edited:
Yeah I tried many times and just couldn’t enjoy it when streaming this game from PC due to the delay while having a blast playing it natively on quest.
One thing I have to say is that sound is really bad when running beat sabre on quest 3 which is not how I remember it on quest 2 (using headphones obviously).

Weird, can't say I've noticed any difference in sound quality on quest 3.

For me, no, for two reasons:

1) I only own the Quest version of Beat Saber and I'm not buying it again
2) The Airlink software doesn't work on Linux. There is ALVR but that's pretty spotty as to whether a game is going to work or not, or if it will continue to work after an update
Have you tried steam link (app in quest store) with Linux steam vr?

For my use case of sitdown simracing only, I'm going back to the G2. As much as I love the pancake lenses, the PCVR experience is just poor overall. I'm just not a target audience for Meta and that's fine.

I'm hopeful someone else is able to deliver a PCVR native experience using these optics in the near future.

For my use case of sitdown simracing only, I'm going back to the G2. As much as I love the pancake lenses, the PCVR experience is just poor overall. I'm just not a target audience for Meta and that's fine.

I'm hopeful someone else is able to deliver a PCVR native experience using these optics in the near future.

Bigscreen Beyond sounds like it's more your thing, but that costs £1000 + lighthouses and controllers.

Any of you guys ever have to take a rest for a number of days due to eyes strain, like dry eyes. I do have an eye condition called Nystagmus and find if I overdo it on the quest 2, on it for a number of hours each day, I then have to have a rest for several days for eyes to come back to normal again. I do have the brightness turned down to zero and night mode on.

Any of you guys ever have to take a rest for a number of days due to eyes strain, like dry eyes. I do have an eye condition called Nystagmus and find if I overdo it on the quest 2, on it for a number of hours each day, I then have to have a rest for several days for eyes to come back to normal again. I do have the brightness turned down to zero and night mode on.

Nope
And I do wear glasses, in a very high prescription

I have dry eyes and presbyopia (age related short sight) and actually I find that VR is a relief as the focal distance means your eyes are relaxed and focusing at a distance. And as a bonus I can read text clearly without having to mess around with several pairs of glasses.

I'm currently playing Assassins Creed Nexus and with my eye condition, which cant be corrected with glasses, I have a bit of trouble seeing that little golden direction indicator, you might know the one I mean, if you have played the game, that shows you direction and number of metres target is away, I just wish it was able to be made bigger.

Otherwise VR is not too bad with my eyesight.

Last edited:
The pass through quality is amazing there. I honestly wouldn't be able to read a book without bringing it right up to my face. Is peoples experience of the quality of this video???

Back
Top Bottom