Quest 3 owners etc

A further question about the Hons vr lenses, I have a quest 2 and often while on the Wander app when I have stumbled on something interesting, I take the headset to my partner or son to have a view.

I notice that in the video on how to install the lenses you have to take off the whole facial interface.

Is this a must, or is it easy just to pull the lenses off with your fingers without removing the whole interface, if so is there a risk involved that you could actually scratch the Quest 2 lenses themselves?

Thanks.

Is this a must, or is it easy just to pull the lenses off with your fingers without removing the whole interface, if so is there a risk involved that you could actually scratch the Quest 2 lenses themselves?

Thanks.
if you gt the magnetic lenses you can relatively easily remove them from waht i've watched. its the option i plan to go with at least.

AV1 is max 200 Mbps ? I see compression artifacts in racing games (the road is shiny with AV1 at 200 Mbps). At 500 Mbps H264+ its ok but I get some weird stuttering. I have a dedicated WIFI6 Dlink router for the Quest 3 tho ... PC specs 5800X3D 7900XTX

AV1 is max 200 Mbps ? I see compression artifacts in racing games (the road is shiny with AV1 at 200 Mbps). At 500 Mbps H264+ its ok but I get some weird stuttering. I have a dedicated WIFI6 Dlink router for the Quest 3 tho ... PC specs 5800X3D 7900XTX

The H.264 encoder in AMD cards isn't that great. You are better off to use HEVC.

And just check your router. Are you sure you have it setup right? Check what the channel width is set to.

The wife would like a multiplayer fitness game in native Quest 3. I’ve got Xfitness on PCVR which I really like for exercise, but obviously has no multiplayer. Is there anything that fits the bill?

We have two Quest 3s and would be using them native in the same room.

The wife would like a multiplayer fitness game in native Quest 3. I’ve got Xfitness on PCVR which I really like for exercise, but obviously has no multiplayer. Is there anything that fits the bill?

We have two Quest 3s and would be using them native in the same room.

Blaston is free and surprisingly sweat-inducing as you do a lot of ducking and weaving.

Well I have ordered the Hons VR lenes for the Quest 2, hopefully they will be ok. Cost was $77 (£64) including the blue light filter.
There are a few discount codes knocking about that will knock $5 off. taking them to that price.
Just do a google search.

I don't understand why Hons say that the sale price is $49.95 when it works out a lot more than that, but may have something to do with this in their refund policy Terms and Conditions.

• Only regular priced items may be refunded, sale items cannot be refunded.

Whatever about the price if the lenses are ok and help me I will be more than happy.

I have bought a good few things of Aliexpress this last while, has worked out well, so just did a search on there for prescription lenses, you can get them there for £20 or less.

Obviously HonsVR have got the right supplier and you will probably get better customer service, if you need it (I hope) I understand the lenses come direct from China anyways, but for anyone willing to take a chance seems much cheaper on Aliexpress.

Last edited:
Well I have ordered the Hons VR lenes for the Quest 2, hopefully they will be ok. Cost was $77 (£64) including the blue light filter.
There are a few discount codes knocking about that will knock $5 off. taking them to that price.
Just do a google search.

I don't understand why Hons say that the sale price is $49.95 when it works out a lot more than that, but may have something to do with this in their refund policy Terms and Conditions.

• Only regular priced items may be refunded, sale items cannot be refunded.

Whatever about the price if the lenses are ok and help me I will be more than happy.

I have bought a good few things of Aliexpress this last while, has worked out well, so just did a search on there for prescription lenses, you can get them there for £20 or less.

Obviously HonsVR have got the right supplier and you will probably get better customer service, if you need it (I hope) I understand the lenses come direct from China anyways, but for anyone willing to take a chance seems much cheaper on Aliexpress.
It's tempting, because once I've sold a vr hmd on after it has been replaced (like i always do), the lens inserts i have that cost £££ are more or less useless to me. Can't sell them on as it'd be extremely unlikely to find a buyer with the same eyesight defect and can't use them on a hmd i've sold. For the sake of £20 yeah I might try the aliexpress cheapo's with the next hmd i buy.

Last edited:
I have ordered the Hons VR Cost was $77 (£64) including the blue light filter. I don't understand why Hons say that the sale price is $49.95 when it works out a lot more than that, but may have something to do with this in their refund policy Terms and Conditions.

I received mine last October. They're excellent and only took a week from China to UK. I paid about £74. Their price increases depending on the strength of prescription plus extras like blue filter. For long or short sighted prescriptions that require thicker glass the price goes up. But it's still cheaper than the other VR lens brands.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom