Quest 3 owners etc

The pass through quality is amazing there. I honestly wouldn't be able to read a book without bringing it right up to my face. Is peoples experience of the quality of this video???

She's recording the feed from the passthrough cameras, not the actual footage that you see through the lenses.

Last edited:
Really recommend VR Optician for prescription lens. Mine came today. Took just under a week to go from Germany to UK. Paid £7 for postage.
Lenses clip in nice and secure, look good quality. Vision is perfect now.
Had my prescription checked last week which was handy as was a change.

Reactions: SPG
I have suspicions this thing is an evil government spying device.... I had microphone disabled and could not connect it to the keyboard for Piano vision or to my PC for the flightsims... as soon as I enabled microphone it all works great and connects..
Just saying this thing is probably evil and spying on us but once working is awesome... even if they know what I'm doing!....

Thinking of upgrading from Quest 2 to Quest 3, is it honestly worth the upgrade.

I would say the sweet spot is the biggest improvement. I love the fact I can now put on the Q3 headset, wear it for hours and never worry about having to adjust it to get the focus right as it moves about. I found with Q1,Q2 and PSVR 1/2 I was constantly adjusting the headset whilst it’s on to get the focus right. With the pancake lenses it’s always in focus as the sweet spot is massive.

The image clarity/sharpness is noticeably better as well. Also, the field of view is substantially wider than the other headsets I own. Plus you obviously have the new chipset which to me makes the visuals look closer to PC/console whereas before there was always that “Quest Port” flat low detail look about many of the games

I’d say it’s worth the upgrade cost if you use it regularly.

Last edited:
I'm currently playing Assassins Creed Nexus and with my eye condition, which cant be corrected with glasses, I have a bit of trouble seeing that little golden direction indicator, you might know the one I mean, if you have played the game, that shows you direction and number of metres target is away, I just wish it was able to be made bigger.

Otherwise VR is not too bad with my eyesight.
What eye condition do you have?

I would say the sweet spot is the biggest improvement. I love the fact I can now put on the Q3 headset, wear it for hours and never worry about having to adjust it to get the focus right as it moves about. I found with Q1,Q2 and PSVR 1/2 I was constantly adjusting the headset whilst it’s on to get the focus right. With the pancake lenses it’s always in focus as the sweet spot is massive.

The image clarity/sharpness is noticeably better as well. Also, the field of view is substantially wider than the other headsets I own. Plus you obviously have the new chipset which to me makes the visuals look closer to PC/console whereas before there was always that “Quest Port” flat low detail look about many of the games

I’d say it’s worth the upgrade cost if you use it regularly.

Ditto

Thoroughly agree with the comment about no longer having to constantly have the headset exactly positioned otherwise visuals went to hell.

But there is a lot of other stuff that makes using the headset a much better experience

1) Much improved pass thru, makes doing some basic real-world stuff much easier without having to take the headset off

2) Depth sensor, saves having to mark out the "play area" and also it remembers a particular room

3) And that's not even getting into the much improved graphics making text much easier to read and the almost elimination of the screen door.

Back
Top Bottom