Quest 3 owners etc

I gave my Q2 to my daughter, mainly so she could use it for fitness games. Her boyfriend, who previously showed no interest in VR then decided to borrow it to play HL Alyx which he got addicted to.

Last edited:
My 5th Quest 3 was delivered this morning and again this one is quite bad as it has a lot of reflections in the right lens.
I’m sick and tired of it at this point and just want the damn thing gone and forget I ever had it.
I will be telling people to stay away from Quest 3 for sure.

My 5th Quest 3 was delivered this morning and again this one is quite bad as it has a lot of reflections in the right lens.
I’m sick and tired of it at this point and just want the damn thing gone and forget I ever had it.
I will be telling people to stay away from Quest 3 for sure.
I think this probably falls more in to the sensitivity of the user rather than a fair reflection of the product. 99% of people probably wouldn’t notice the defects you do. Does that help you, no. Does that make it reasonable to negatively review the Quest 3? On balance, for me, no.

I think this probably falls more in to the sensitivity of the user rather than a fair reflection of the product. 99% of people probably wouldn’t notice the defects you do. Does that help you, no. Does that make it reasonable to negatively review the Quest 3? On balance, for me, no.
It is my sensitivity to stuff like that I’m sure as where people say they don’t see compression in AV1 200mbps I see loads.
I guess Quest 3 is just not for me as there is too much variation between units and between both displays/lenses on each unit.
Will probably sell it as new but opened on eBay and prey the buyer is not as picky as me.

My 1st Quest 3 had a (imo) pretty obvious defect, probably dead pixels but there was a clump of them. Some people say dead pixels don't bother them and to ignore them but no way I can do that, I zone in on them (not as bad ISeeDeadPixels or whatever his username is now :D). Apart from that i'm very unfussy about my vr headsets. I've never returned any in must be 13 or 14 bought headsets apart from 4 for dead pixels. My 2nd Quest 3 has been/is fine, most enjoyable vr headset i've owned.

My 1st Quest 3 had a (imo) pretty obvious defect, probably dead pixels but there was a clump of them. Some people say dead pixels don't bother them and to ignore them but no way I can do that, I zone in on them (not as bad ISeeDeadPixels or whatever his username is now :D). Apart from that i'm very unfussy about my vr headsets. I've never returned any in must be 13 or 14 bought headsets apart from 4 for dead pixels. My 2nd Quest 3 has been/is fine, most enjoyable vr headset i've owned.

Never returned any apart from 4? :D

"71% of the time they work every time"

Never returned any apart from 4? :D

"71% of the time they work every time"
Yeh 71% acceptance rate isn't bad when compared to some of the returns i've witnessed going on with vr headsets, i've never known such a fickle bunch tbh :D atleast dead pixels are indisputable faults that don't vary depending on what side of the bed the user got out of that morning :D

Last edited:
Dead or stuck pixels are unacceptable in a VR headset because they can disappear and re-appear depending on where your eyes are looking so they actually flash on and off making them more annoying. I had one stuck pixel on my first Oculus Go which I had to get replaced as it once you saw it you couldn't unsee it.

What’s the verdict on Dungeons of Eternity from those on here that have played it? Since getting the Q3, I haven’t managed to play in it at all, as the wife is now hooked and I’m relegated to my old Q2 til we buy her one :p

We’ve been hammering After the Fall, but she’s been using the simple reload and teleport movement. Are there similar mechanics in Dungeons of Eternity? Is it worth getting to play as a duo? Is she going to end up punching a hole in the TV?

What’s the verdict on Dungeons of Eternity from those on here that have played it? Since getting the Q3, I haven’t managed to play in it at all, as the wife is now hooked and I’m relegated to my old Q2 til we buy her one :p

We’ve been hammering After the Fall, but she’s been using the simple reload and teleport movement. Are there similar mechanics in Dungeons of Eternity? Is it worth getting to play as a duo? Is she going to end up punching a hole in the TV?

I haven't put loads of time into DoE yet, but it what I have played does seem good.

Some people say dead pixels don't bother them and to ignore them but no way I can do that, I zone in on them (not as bad ISeeDeadPixels or whatever his username is now :D).

That was me :cry: I don't know if some manufacturers are better than others, or early batches are more prone to them. Perfect headsets do exist though. Just very annoying when you get one with them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom