Quest 3 owners etc

Soldato
well i'd point you two the social thread with passionate +1's, a very prim and propery chap, an AI player, a Super Jedi Hero, a bloodhound and cheating Wooden spoon wannabees to name but a few :D

Doing stuff with others keeps it entertaining

Soldato
I have just ordered my Q3, finally! Isn't coming until Wednesday though... boo! How do I transfer Walkabout progress and saves for other games?

Associate
I have just ordered my Q3, finally! Isn't coming until Wednesday though... boo! How do I transfer Walkabout progress and saves for other games?

You don't have to do anything.. just login as you on the new quest.. and it restores all your progress..

Also definitely worth getting a referral code from someone so you and the other person get credit when you register your new Quest.

Enjoy!

Soldato
You don't have to do anything.. just login as you on the new quest.. and it restores all your progress..

Also definitely worth getting a referral code from someone so you and the other person get credit when you register your new Quest.

Enjoy!

it might not be there initially but close app and go back in again and you should be fine.
Thanks guys, I've just sweet talked the rainforest rep and managed to get upgraded delivery for tomorrow! I'll look at sorting out a referral, I thought it was a one time thing.

Associate
Thanks guys, I've just sweet talked the rainforest rep and managed to get upgraded delivery for tomorrow! I'll look at sorting out a referral, I thought it was a one time thing.
Fairly sure a few of the others have got a referral even though they got one for the Quest 2 as well..

I didn't do it myself, as got a second hand quest 3.

Soldato

I'm always up for some referal lovvin' this only if you buy from Meta store tho?
I'll be getting mine when I get back from holiday but will order it from Very, get some extra discounting on the purchase price so should cost me around the £300 mark all in..

Last edited:
Associate
I'm always up for some referal lovvin' this only if you buy from Meta store tho?
I don't think so, plenty on this forum purchased theirs from Very and definitely got the referral credit, unsure if there's a trick to it, if you already have a meta account registered to a Quest 2, maybe others can verify? @Unseul , @Ravenger , @melmac << i think these to name but a few, definitely got referral credit when moving from a quest 2 to a quest 3.

Soldato

I've messaged you what I understand to be the safe process to qualify for the Quest 3 referral credit when you already own a headset. All your saved games should transfer when you register the new device to your account.

Soldato
Yeah got a code from someone, clicked the link and it appears to be a 'thanks for registering/buying' store credit thing, will know more when I actually sort it at the end of the month.
I was going to wait until Prime days next week but will leave it until the end of the month and then order it just before i get back from holiday so it arrives the day I get home :D

Soldato
Yeah got a code from someone, clicked the link and it appears to be a 'thanks for registering/buying' store credit thing, will know more when I actually sort it at the end of the month.
I was going to wait until Prime days next week but will leave it until the end of the month and then order it just before i get back from holiday so it arrives the day I get home :D
The Very deal sounds really good at the moment, I saw a post on HUKD suggesting it can be had for £350. I would have picked one up if I didn't already have a load of vouchers from my birthday :).

Soldato
Just ordered a Q3, £414 from argos atm, pick it up in a bit. Suspect I will get bored of it after a while again, but should keep me entertained for a bit, and not lose much on resale.
Have basically just played Beat Sabre on it..... But very impressed so far. I've had a DK2 and Rift S in the past, and this is a real step forward.

The way the boundaries work with the pass through makes using it so much easier. The air link is impressive and the lack of faff required to start playing MSFS wirelessly, and how well it runs on my 4070 is amazing, frankly.

Pretty sure I will just play beat sabre though :)

Soldato
Have basically just played Beat Sabre on it..... But very impressed so far. I've had a DK2 and Rift S in the past, and this is a real step forward.

The way the boundaries work with the pass through makes using it so much easier. The air link is impressive and the lack of faff required to start playing MSFS wirelessly, and how well it runs on my 4070 is amazing, frankly.

Pretty sure I will just play beat sabre though :)
I find steam link better :)

Back
Top Bottom