Quest 3 owners etc

Soldato
I've bought the Quest 3 512GB. Does all PC virtual reality games work on it? I'm especially looking forward too Half life alyx . I do suffer a bit from VR sickness I do on my PS4 pro, hoping I can conquer that. I found my PS4 pros VR version 1 pretty blurry, so how does quest 3 compare?

Last edited:
Soldato
I realise I've posted this in the wrong place, so I'll put it here and hope for some advice. :)

So, if I succumb and buy a quest 3 now (currently owning a Rift S), where do I stand with the VR games I already own?

The games I have on Steam I will retain - but have to play from the PC via Steam Link or cable?
The games I have on Meta - will I keep them and continue using the same account? But would those have to be used via the PC too? Or can they then be installed on the headset?

Presumably, any VR game I might want to play elsewhere (e.g. on holiday), I need to own on Meta and have installed on the headset itself.

Beat Saber - am I better owning on PC so it can be more easily modded? But the game cries out to be played with no wires!

If you still have the Rift S software on your machine, then all your oculus/meta PCVR games will all work right out of the box. As will all your steam games either using a cable or wirelessly.

Associate
I've bought the Quest 3 512GB. Does all PC virtual reality games work on it? I'm especially looking forward too Half life alyx . I do suffer a bit from VR sickness I do on my PS4 pro, hoping I can conquer that. I found my PS4 pros VR version 1 pretty blurry, so how does quest 3 compare?
Just about all pcvr games will work on Quest 3 yes, the Quest line are easily the most popular vr headsets and most game/app creators want compatibility with them to maximize sales. If u have vr sickness, stop vr'ing for a short while. Brief and fairly frequent vr gaming sessions help build up your "vr legs", increase the gaming time as u become accustomed to vr. I've never used psvr1 but can say the visuals on Quest 3 are really nice, it should be a significant upgrade.

Soldato
Does this seem right, thinking about the warranty status, having just bought and registered

Devices-Meta-Store.png

bought from Argos and not direct.

Thanks

Soldato
Just on the VR sickness, I also suffer from that but have no problem at all with HL:A using the teleport option. Clarity is also very good.

Last edited:
Soldato

Regarding VR sickness, a top tip is to take it gradually at first to build up your VR legs. If you start feeling weird then don't press on, stop and do something else for a bit. Before you know it your VR tolerance will have improved.

Soldato
Well you sods, you've done it. :D

Just ordered the 512GB version from Very, with 20% off by taking their credit (but will be paid off before it incurs any interest)

Soldato
I assume that Steam Link only works with Steam games?

So, given I have Beat Saber on Oculus (or Meta as it now is) to play that I'll either need to install it on the headset, be connected by a cable, or use Air link instead?

Edit: That said, if the best experience is going to be by having Beat Saber on Steam, I won't begrudge re-buying it given how much fun I've had out of it over the years.

Last edited:
Soldato

So, given I have Beat Saber on Oculus (or Meta as it now is) to play that I'll either need to install it on the headset, be connected by a cable, or use Air link instead?

Edit: That said, if the best experience is going to be by having Beat Saber on Steam, I won't begrudge re-buying it given how much fun I've had out of it over the years.

I believe Beat Saber is a cross platform Meta game. If the issue is connecting wirelessly without using Steam, then there is also Airlink (free Meta app) and Virtual Desktop, which used to be the wireless app of choice before Steam Link became a viable option.

Underboss
I believe Beat Saber is a cross platform Meta game. If the issue is connecting wirelessly without using Steam, then there is also Airlink (free Meta app) and Virtual Desktop, which used to be the wireless app of choice before Steam Link became a viable option.

its not
i only have Beat saber on my quest 3 native, id have to buy it on the PC if i want a PC version

Soldato
I don't own it, but Beat Saber was on a list of crossbuy games that I copied for reference a while back. Unless that was an error or things have changed?
unless it's changed (and I will check as am told pc version is better) the base game is not cross buy but any DLC is.

edit. Badger is not wrong. thanks so much. it didn't used to be cross buy but it is now. I have added to rift store. many thanks mate.

Last edited:
Associate
unless it's changed (and I will check as am told pc version is better) the base game is not cross buy but any DLC is.

edit. Badger is not wrong. thanks so much. it didn't used to be cross buy but it is now. I have added to rift store. many thanks mate.
If you already own it on steam can you now get the meta version or is it only for new purchases?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If you already own it on steam can you now get the meta version or is it only for new purchases?

You will need to buy again, it's not cross platform.

Best experience will probably be standalone actually, since it will have the least delay, but it's slightly trickier to modify.

Back
Top Bottom