Quest 3 owners etc

Soldato
If you already own it on steam can you now get the meta version or is it only for new purchases?
as already said no sadly you cant.

there are 2 different things going on here.

if you buy a game on the meta PC store (formerly oculus store) or the meta quest store then some games are cross buy and you get a quest AND a PC copy of .. Beat saber didnt used to be cross buy but is now.

then there are the 2 (or more ) different "rival" store fronts which are never*** cross purchases... so if you buy on steam, or pimax, or vive store, then you wont get a meta copy.

*** pedantic perhaps as not that relevant now but back in the day sometimes the developers would manually send you out a code for a different store front when this split 1st started happening, but this was before VR was mainstream really... i highly doubt they would do it now........ Eleven table tennis devs are one example of this.. but again, afaik they are not any longer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Still waiting for royal mail to deliver mine. Was supposed to come yesterday but sick in a mail centre. Why couldn't they just use DPD for next day delivery!
Will likely be a few weeks now!

Last edited:
Soldato
Recently picked up a Quest 3. First VR experience and really enjoying it. Don’t know why I didn’t get one sooner.

So far got Beat Saber and Pistol Whip.
Also managed to download Supernatural. Is this the best Fitness app or are there others that are better for boxing?

Finally, is the official meta silicone facial interface the best one to get? and is the Elite Strap worth getting or are there better third party options. Sorry if this has all been answered before.

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Recently picked up a Quest 3. First VR experience and really enjoying it. Don’t know why I didn’t get one sooner.

Also managed to download Supernatural. Is this the best Fitness app or are there others that are better for boxing?

Finally, is the official meta silicone facial interface the best one to get? and is the Elite Strap worth getting or are there better third party options. Sorry if this has all been answered before.

Thanks
Thrill of the Fight is a great boxing game, I especially love it in mixed reality mode, remember to try to get referral codes to get 25% off. About the interface, if you're a tight wad like me u can just buy a silicon slip on sleeve for about £10 that fits around the foam on the original interface.

Soldato

Thanks
I heard the elite strap not worth it and there's better cheaper 3rd party alternatives out there. I'll be looking myself for one. I'm going to get a strap and the battery pack, I think it's called a BoBoVR? Battery pack. I've got the right angle cable as recommended here for use with my pc. Must say I'm very impressed with Very as I bought the 521GB quest3 and I've got 12 months to pay it and with it being my first purchase they gave me 20% off so £449 what a bargain!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom