Quest 3 owners etc

Soldato
Still waiting for my "next day delivery" from an order placed last Monday! Royal Mail already lost the first one sent, and the replacement sent on Thursday hasn't arrived yet either!
My local post office must be have a great time!
That's pretty bad indeed. Not sure if to be surprised or not, altho I would have expected a better tracking courier option due to the value of the goods involved.
Got my Quest 3 from Very. Unfortunately it has a rattling sound as if a screw it something loose inside the headset. Apart from that it works fine. I was surprised that it just came packaged in a plastic bag with the metaquest box in it though. I think I may need to return for exchange as it's too expensive not too, bummer.

Yeah as above Royal Fail. Maybes they used mine as a football I dunno.

Ouch, that is not good. Hopefully they can exchange and not refund, as the price probably isn't the same now..?

Soldato
I have been enjoying the Quest 3, with the Ar link, used for Google earth and a couple of other games.
Using the library function for the installed games, bought from the Meta store, is easy enough.
As is the Steam VR link.

I also bought Virtual Desktop to try out. Whilst it has some decent settings, not sure on the actual differences tho, it is not as easy to use, for the rest of the family, as is the library and Steam VR function.

So far impressed, very impressed indeed with the KKCOBVR head strap and battery pack. The AMVR face pad is "ok".

Soldato
Hey. I remember a while back people were talking about watching movies and 3d movies on their Quest 3s and the difficulty they had getting it to work... i'm thinking of getting a Quest for exactly that purpose because I find it hard to get any quality time at home. Did anyone come up with a fix/way to do it reliably? If so, is it worth getting the 512Gb version (in general as well actually) or is 128Gb still OK for most users?? Thanks
I do this quite regularly. I use both Skybox VR and 4XVR (both are paid apps). 4XVR has the advantage at the moment as it's about the only player that plays native Blu-ray 3D rips (MVC format) whereas others only do SBS. Both of these will stream across your network and I think both will work via USB, though have never tried. There's also Bigscreen beta, which is free and can play via DNLA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom