Quest 3 owners etc

I did look at that one, however I bought the Kiwi one instead
Any reason you went for the Kiwi one.?
That one doesn't seem to have in the inline charge port, if useful.?

For those who use a wired connection do you feel there are advantages to that over wireless.?

Last edited:
No particular reason, one less thing to go wrong as its just a cable without any interference, not overly bothered about inline charging, or at least not at the minute...

Its my first purchase for the Q3 so might end up changing it at some point down the road, I want to see how far I can get with it as stock before I decide what bits I want to get for it, that said a new headband is top of that list, having no hair the stock strap pulls on the back of my head where the stubble is...

Fair enough. We bought a KKCOBVR head strap. Simply wonderful in so many ways, having refunded the BOBOVR version.

So much better that the std head strap.

The additional 10000Mah battery is impressive.

Last edited:
I've not gamed long enough to need an additional battery at the mo, as I'm probably only spent an hour in DCS and the rest of the time setting things up and playing around..

Anyone else had issues trying to claim referral codes...

To make a referral, customers must have a registered Quest 2, Quest 3, or Quest Pro
  • The recipient's Meta account cannot already be associated with any Meta Quest devices.
    • Older Oculus devices (such as the Oculus Quest 1) should not make a referral ineligible.
  • The referral recipient must register a new Meta Quest 2, Quest 3, or Quest Pro.
    • The device must be new, not refurbished, and not previously registered to another account.
  • Both accounts must be in a Meta Quest supported country.
    • They do not need to be in the same country.
    • The system will automatically convert the referral credit to the currency used by the Meta Quest store for the customer's location.
  • Both the referrer and the recipient must be at least 18 years old (19 in South Korea)
I've had 2 codes PM'd to me, neither work...

Anyone else had issues trying to claim referral codes...

To make a referral, customers must have a registered Quest 2, Quest 3, or Quest Pro
  • The recipient's Meta account cannot already be associated with any Meta Quest devices.
    • Older Oculus devices (such as the Oculus Quest 1) should not make a referral ineligible.
  • The referral recipient must register a new Meta Quest 2, Quest 3, or Quest Pro.
    • The device must be new, not refurbished, and not previously registered to another account.
  • Both accounts must be in a Meta Quest supported country.
    • They do not need to be in the same country.
    • The system will automatically convert the referral credit to the currency used by the Meta Quest store for the customer's location.
  • Both the referrer and the recipient must be at least 18 years old (19 in South Korea)
I've had 2 codes PM'd to me, neither work...

Unfortunately, the referrals process is a complete lottery.... as is trying to get a helpful resolution from meta support.

I've just read on Reddit the referrals process has changed a lot. It said you have to follow the person who is supplying the referral (not sure if they have to follow u back) and the discount on games and credit given is lower. Not sure if it's true or not etc, just what I've read.

I tried code, then registered the Q3, no dice, but the device didn't seem to register properly to start with and was showing 3 different serials between the website, the app on my phone and what was on the device itself, which is what made me shout at support in the first place as I thought that might have been the cause...

I think it's the end of the much goodness that the referrals were for getting free credit + reducing the price. It wasn't that long ago they limited us allowing no more than 3 referrals per code/game instead of being loads, upto iirc £460 credit per year total. Now they've reduced it further. It was good while it lasted I suppose.

im trying to work out why meta emailed me asking for my birth date when they already have it set in the account, sets see what support says

Just to report back - I went for this given that it happened to be on sale too at the time, and from Amazon so if it didn't make a difference I could easily send it back.

On first installation it seemed to have not properly worked. But I restarted the PC and the Q3, and everything worked perfectly after that.

Playing HL:Alyx, and the drops in resolution and artifacting I saw before have completely gone. So it's done a great job.

It does mean that you haven't got an internet connection on your headset, as I'd feared. But then you don't need one, because you're controlling the PC which does have one. If I want to use the headset directly then I switch wifi connections to the main router and I have one again.

That said, I might experiment with sharing the internet connection from my ethernet connection to the router with the wifi being managed by the air bridge. Shouldn't be too hard, should it?

Back
Top Bottom