Quest 3 owners etc

Meta have always been a bit singy with the usb-c port and have it heaverly locked down. i thought an xbox 360 controller might work plugged in but i dont think it does

im trying to work out why meta emailed me asking for my birth date when they already have it set in the account, sets see what support says

meta are asking for age verification on a lot of accounts due to american regulations on child exposure to adult content. Not being able photo ID for a 13+y/o is locking a lot of users out of their accounts

but my age is already entered under my account thats why im confused. its been there for a long while

Do you have a payment card attached to toy meta account as that can also be used for verification purposes.

Do you have a payment card attached to toy meta account as that can also be used for verification purposes.

Mine only has Paypal that I use for buying games etc from them.

yep i have a card on the account for purchasing the apps and games. recently got Walkabout minigolf wallace and gromit

I'm on V68, you can update to the latest software here - http://www.meta.com/help/quest/software_update

i dont get the beta, meta dont release them to all headsets at once

i rather not bork my headset, too much of a risk

mmm, just gone through all of that to end up on V 67 that I started with. Went through the 2GB download and install fine, removed the headset. Rebooted and.....Ver 67, lol...!

ah, sorry, didn't realise....Is V68 still in beta, didn't watch the entire video. Just noted the....

"The FINAL v68 QUEST Update".

Last edited:
mmm, just gone through all of that to end up on V 67 that I started with. Went through the 2GB download and install fine, removed the headset. Rebooted and.....Ver 67, lol...!

ah, sorry, didn't realise....Is V68 still in beta, didn't watch the entire video. Just noted the....

"The FINAL v68 QUEST Update".

There's an alternative method, so keep your eyes open until V68 is available.

www.cocaine.trade/

There's an alternative method, so keep your eyes open until V68 is available.

www.cocaine.trade/

Thanks, and thanks for the link.......what a name :D

I was not sure if there was a way within the headset to invoke the latest software update that did not rely of Meta's way of regional / incremental methods of pushing our updated firmware. Using the online methos and a USB cable is straight forward enough, but you are not aware what version you are going to install, to the point where I wsa on V67 and it installed V67, no message to warn of that.
The above described method, in the video, would, for me, a kinda last resort option if the update does not seem to be offered at some point in the future via the headset. I'm happy enough to continue to be in awe and use the headset for the reasons we bought it.

My goodness it is a sweaty experience tho in this weather.

Last edited:
Thanks, and thanks for the link.......what a name :D

I was not sure if there was a way within the headset to invoke the latest software update that did not rely of Meta's way of regional / incremental methods of pushing our updated firmware. Using the online methos and a USB cable is straight forward enough, but you are not aware what version you are going to install, to the point where I wsa on V67 and it installed V67, no message to warn of that.
The above described methos, in the video, would, for me, a kinda last resort option if the update does not seem to be offered at some point in the future via the headset. I'm happy enough to continue to be in awe and use the headset for the reasons we bought it.

My goodness it is a sweaty experience tho in this weather.

Basti, the chap who hosts the downloads will pull the latest version of his headset when he gets it and upload to the site. While it can be used to get the latest software, it can also be used if your headset is borked by an update or stuck in a boot loop.

So I've finally got my Meta Quest 3 (512GB) yesterday, after the first one I ordered from Ebay (listed as new, sealed) was removed (?in transit) and turned out to be a old jacket instead (refund going through at the moment) so I ordered a new one with next day delivery from elsewhere and that arrived yesterday afternoon.

Played something called 'first encounters' for a bit and as the gamefield was my lounge I felt absolutely fine, but then tried Nightclub VR and felt nauseous within about 10 minutes so stopped playing immediately.

Not had a chance to use it any more and am away for the weekend so I'm just after some advice on some good 'starter' games to get used to the VR world that are less likely to make me feel sick, until I'm a bit more used to it.

Will probably also pick up some ginger beers/biscuits from the shop before I start playing again on Monday to see if they help.

@Medic-one

Good result, well in the end :) Good luck with your refund...!

Take a look at this game as an example....

and then this one...

(altho unrated so not the best example)

There are games that are rated for their comfort level. I assume that would also cove the movement / nausea potential for the game..? You will often see that rated mentioned in the Meta store for each game.

I have played both of those and the second one you play seated using your hands only, not controller. It is fun.
The first is most enjoyable and even tho there is movement it is not movement where you are walking, if that makes sense, but that when you are teleported from one area to another. My wife, who can be affected in a way similar to you, noted how well they both are for her.

If I think of other examples I will post them.

Did you register your new Quest 3 ok with Meta..?

What sort of games do you like to play..?

Last edited:
i'd recomened :
walkabout minigolf (social also if playing with others)
beat saber
i expect you to die
puzzle places (can do co-op)
Superhot vr
Vader Immortal
The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets
Cook-Out
Angry Birds VR: Isle of Pigs
these will keep you busy for a while.

it can very much depend on the motion control used tbh, i tend to be sensitive to motion sickness.
example i can play walkabout minigolf, but get moton sickness when i'm looking for lost balls and clubs (this ist mandatory just extra fun,(guess what i was jsut doing before writing this..))
if you feel like playing with others post up, we have a thread here

i think you'll want to look at teleport games instead of smooth locomotion, at least at the moment.

@Medic-one

Good result, well in the end :) Good luck with your refund...!

Did you register your new Quest 3 ok with Meta..?

What sort of games do you like to play..?

Thanks for that.

Refund has been confirmed by Ebay now, and I managed to create an Meta account through a referral from another user from this forum which got us both £ 23, in store credit, so that was a nice start.

I bought the quest mainly after seeing some video's of that nightclub simulator and some sword fighting game that looked like fun but as I'm new I'm happy to try a bit of everything.

On PC I tend to play GTA V, assasins creed, Far cry and Forza horizon. I'd love to try Halflife Alyx but might weight till I'm a bit more used to the VR world.

I used to suffer quite bad with travel sickness as a kid. It's not as bad now (planes and boats are fine) but even after 20 years as a paramedic I can still get travel sick when travelling backwards in an ambo at speed some times (good thing I work on response cars so don't have to do that too often :D)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom