Quest 3 owners etc

For those who use the Quest Games Optimizer do you see some actual benefit when running standalone games.? I've not noticed much in the videos I've seen, could be different in the Q3 headset.?

Does it retain all its settings etc if the firmware changes, noting V68 is not out.?

Just seems a bit of a faff, perhaps better appreciated from using it.?

For those who use the Quest Games Optimizer do you see some actual benefit when running standalone games.? I've not noticed much in the videos I've seen, could be different in the Q3 headset.?

Does it retain all its settings etc if the firmware changes, noting V68 is not out.?

Massive difference in some games.

(The boost in resolution in Res Evil 4 comes to mind as a good example)

As Craig has mentioned it can make a significant difference visually. It does retain its setting yes. The latest versions have a much simpler install than the older videos of it show.

Massive difference in some games.

(The boost in resolution in Res Evil 4 comes to mind as a good example)
Thanks, that game is enjoyed. Should help.
As Craig has mentioned it can make a significant difference visually. It does retain its setting yes. The latest versions have a much simpler install than the older videos of it show.

That's encouraging. Sorry to ask, but and relevant vids or links that are relevant to the latest revision.

Thanks, that game is enjoyed. Should help.

That's encouraging. Sorry to ask, but and relevant vids or links that are relevant to the latest revision.
I think to get the best & latest info on the app is to visit its listing on itch.io, if u search for it on there you'll find it.

Ah, thanks. I'll ignore, for now, some of the older videos i have seen.

This was the video that I followed. Really simple and to the point. It's literally like a gpu upgrade for the quest.
Nails the battery though

This was the video that I followed. Really simple and to the point. It's literally like a gpu upgrade for the quest.
Nails the battery though

Thanks. I'll have some spare time soon to give that a go. I assume it would only load the battery when being used for games that run direct from the headset and nothing else..? So PCVR and other things you do in the headset will be just as they were before..?

Do you generally have your optimised at their fullest level..?

@bazzabear and @Vimes yes that's my experience. It ups the render resolution of the headset for native games. You can play around with the settings but most popular games have pre configured hd+ settings

Beat Sabre and mini golf look awesome through it. Best money you can spend on the quest.

I also grabbed a KKCOBVR Q3 pro battery headrest strap and the comfort level is massively improved. Also feels lighter even though it's heavier as the battery off sets almost exactly the weight of the quest. I find it a lot easier to get the text crisper as well as it's much easier to adjust

Also Resident 4, I already have on pc can I mod it to work in VR on quest 3 or buy again for VR on steam or just buy on quest store? I think I'd rather but on quest store because I'm hearing games optimizer works great on it and I'll also be buying that. Do quest games get cut down? As in do you get a more complete game experience on the pc?

Also Resident 4, I already have on pc can I mod it to work in VR on quest 3 or buy again for VR on steam or just buy on quest store? I think I'd rather but on quest store because I'm hearing games optimizer works great on it and I'll also be buying that. Do quest games get cut down? As in do you get a more complete game experience on the pc?

Not much more experience than you (?), meaning a couple of weeks for me, but for every video I have watched the PCVR version, if available, over that of a Meta PCVR version..... not really sure on that one. Perhaps the size of an install would be an indicator of that..? I would still guess that a SteamVr version would have more content than the Meta tho. I bought Blade and Sorcery SteamVr as it does look better than the Quest 3 release. But that release is for the headset version iirc.
I got RE 4 from the Meta store, but I'm still to decide on QGO.
As a generalisation PCVR titles are more graphically enriched, with better post processing, that the native Quest games. As all of that is done on the PC, needing a decent PC.

Have you installed QGO yet..?

@bazzabear and @Vimes yes that's my experience. It ups the render resolution of the headset for native games. You can play around with the settings but most popular games have pre configured hd+ settings

Beat Sabre and mini golf look awesome through it. Best money you can spend on the quest.

I also grabbed a KKCOBVR Q3 pro battery headrest strap and the comfort level is massively improved. Also feels lighter even though it's heavier as the battery off sets almost exactly the weight of the quest. I find it a lot easier to get the text crisper as well as it's much easier to adjust

Yeah I got the KKCOBVR from day one, the second revision. I reviewed that on Amazon, so impressed.
It is an amazing head strap, I sent the BOBOVR one back, not impressed at all.
I even bought an additional battery for the KK.

Last edited:
Not much more experience than you (?), meaning a couple of weeks for me, but for every video I have watched the PCVR version, if available, over that of a Meta PCVR version..... not really sure on that one. Perhaps the size of an install would be an indicator of that..? I would still guess that a SteamVr version would have more content than the Meta tho. I bought Blade and Sorcery SteamVr as it does look better than the Quest 3 release. But that release is for the headset version iirc.
As a generalisation PCVR titles are more graphically enriched, with better post processing, that the native Quest games. As all of that is done on the PC, needing a decent PC.

Haven't bought QGO yet but I certainly am going to pick it up as hearing good things about it. I noticed it's not on quest store but on a web site, so not sure how it works yet and if you run it from pc or load it from there to headset I'm sure it'll be fine though.

Yeah I got the KKCOBVR from day one, the second revision. I reviewed that on Amazon, so impressed.
It is an amazing head strap, I sent the BOBOVR one back, not impressed at all.
I even bought an additional battery for the KK.
I bought the KKCOBVR and vouch also how good it is, very good but if kit.

Haven't bought QGO yet but I certainly am going to pick it up as hearing good things about it. I noticed it's not on quest store but on a web site, so not sure how it works yet and if you run it from pc or load it from there to headset I'm sure it'll be fine though.

This was linked for me...

noting that there is a battery hit if in use, QGO.

I have just not had time as yet to get around to really thinking about it. Most of the content we play so far is PCVR type content. Our granddaughter played "I am cat", but to be frank graphical content improvements would be the last thing she would notice, lol..!
I'll take a look at some point to see how much content we play from the Meta store, and probably end up doing it.

Let us know if you go ahead and how it went for you.

Damn, bought a key for Boneworks ......... Except I already owned it, thought I was buying Bonelabs, lol. Now I have a spare, always useful.....................not..!

Last edited:
Damn, bought a key for Boneworks ......... Except I already owned it, thought I was buying Bonelabs, lol. Now I have a spare, always useful.....................not..!
trades ;)

also i saw a note about VRchat supporting hand tracking instead of using controllers i though that was interesting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom