Quest 3 owners etc

Haha yeah I thought that the other day and I've not really used mine in anger yet..

I wonder how hard it would be to have some sort of additional storage built into a small USB 'thing' on the port on the side with a passthru so you could still use the port for charging etc, given the headset is Android based, cant be that hard surely, just have something that allows media and screen shots and so on pushed to the external storage like we used to do in the old days where the OS would know the storage was there and gave you the option to use it as the default save location..

Good luck in trying that, if you do :)

From what I have understood, very little so far, Meta are quite restrictive on what they allow to communicate via that port. Perhaps someone with greater experience could add to that.
Whilst I perhaps should do this anyway, but I'm trying to make sure my PCVR titles are Steam based rather than Meta, for the least storage needed on the headset. Benefits are also post processing, if supported, for the PC version and sometimes improved textures etc.

Last edited:
support contacted me and i supplied the requested info but waiting to here back now.
just waiting for it to hit everyone else.
i dont even think l gave the wrong date on the once facebook account i had. so its just a bit odd to me.
they closed the case with a generic repsonce.

so i got this :
--------------------------------------
Warm greetings from Meta Store Support. My name is <name>.

I understand that this is in regards with your date of birth concern. Not to worry, i will be happy assisting you on this matter.

Kindly click this Link for you to easy to modify your date of birth.

Please Note: Users who attempt to update their DOB's will be prompted to go through an ID verification flow / verify their ages, and they will not be able to update their DOB if the information in their ID does not match the information on their accounts (for example name mismatch, DOB mismatch.

In addition, click this Link for you to see the list of ID that meta accept.

If the issue still persist, kindly reply back on this email at your earliest convenient time.

Thank you for your cooperation.

and :
Your request, case #<number> has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email
at the same time basically.

not really anwsering my question as i checked everywere and as far as i can tell DOB was correct. so i wonder if everyone will get a DOB check at some point.

the headset actually asked for my DOB eventually so i just entered it there on weekend.

Good luck in trying that, if you do :)

From what I have understood, very little so far, Meta are quite restrictive on what they allow to communicate via that port. Perhaps someone with greater experience could add to that.
Whilst I perhaps should do this anyway, but I'm trying to make sure my PCVR titles are Steam based rather than Meta, for the least storage needed on the headset. Benefits are also post processing, if supported, for the PC version and sometimes improved textures etc.

Well I've already found a media player that will play from en external USB-C SSD so I cant see it being overly hard, depends if you can sideload stuff or adjust it given a better settings app that's Androind specific not 'Meta' specific..

I've just been gifted a brand new quest 3 128gb, arriving in a couple days!
Is there anything essential I should think about getting for it or is it good to go right off the bat...?

Last edited:
I've just been gifted a brand new quest 3 128gb, arriving in a couple days!
Is there anything essential I should think about getting for it or is it good to go right off the bat...?

There are lots of accessories you can get, but it should be good to go for stand alone use. I suggest you try it first then decide whether you want to change the head strap or whatever.

If you want to use it for PCVR and connect to your computer to play games then you either need an appropriate USB cable (there are much cheaper options than the official Meta Quest one) or a good wireless connection.

Oh, and buy Walkabout Mini Golf. ;)

There are lots of accessories you can get, but it should be good to go for stand alone use. I suggest you try it first then decide whether you want to change the head strap or whatever.

If you want to use it for PCVR and connect to your computer to play games then you either need an appropriate USB cable (there are much cheaper options than the official Meta Quest one) or a good wireless connection.

Oh, and buy Walkabout Mini Golf. ;)
Any particular usb c cable as I've got a few usb c to usb c lying about?

i was going to try <edit>
even it it works as charging cable thats the bare minimumi need so i can move about some
edit : because im stupid

Last edited:
Any particular usb c cable as I've got a few usb c to usb c lying about?

I found one on the Rainforest site (not supposed to link on here to competitors) by searching for a Quest 3 USB cable and checking the description and reviews to ensure that it was supposed to work properly for PCVR. If you already have some long USB cables then by all means give them a go first. Just don't try moving around whilst connected to your PC with a short patch lead and breaking something!

You don't need a USB cable to play games from your pc, completely defeats the object of having a headset like that and then being restricted by a cable..

You don't need a USB cable to play games from your pc, completely defeats the object of having a headset like that and then being restricted by a cable..

Depends what you are doing. For seated games such as racing and flying Sims a USB cable may be the better option for maximum quality and frame rate. Although I would certainly recommend going wireless for VR games where you move around, the cable can still be of use if for some reason your setup is proving glitchy for PCVR. And you need PCVR to play Half Life: Alyx.

I'd suggest running it as stock to start with, then decide what you actually need, rather than just going out and buying stuff because that's what everyone else recommended, try it, then buy stuff, that's what I did..

I'd suggest running it as stock to start with, then decide what you actually need, rather than just going out and buying stuff because that's what everyone else recommended, try it, then buy stuff, that's what I did..

This is good advice.

If you have a power bank, I'd suggest some velcro cable ties or hair bands, and connect it to the back of the quest strap, longer play time and counterweight for comfort.

Back
Top Bottom